Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how do i install the installer on my iphone?

Default how do i install the installer on my iphone?
    i got my iphone unlocked from someone else and it gave me some problems.. so i did the "reset to original settings" and now the installer i had on the homescreen earlier has nothing in it.. can anyone please tell me how do i get it back? do i need itunes for this? my phone is 1.0.2..

thanks in advance..

Livin the iPhone Life SundayDuffer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anni View Post
    i got my iphone unlocked from someone else and it gave me some problems.. so i did the "reset to original settings" and now the installer i had on the homescreen earlier has nothing in it.. can anyone please tell me how do i get it back? do i need itunes for this? my phone is 1.0.2..

thanks in advance..

my suggestion to you is...you should upgrade your phone to 1.1.4 by doing a RESTORE on the latest iTunes version. Then download Ziphone3.0, install it, and unlock your 1.1.4 iphone. When done, you should have installer on your phone..from there, you can start having fun by installing whatever you wish.
    btw, most of the devs are now writing apps pertaining to the latest firmware.

Goodluck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

anni (2008-05-07)

thanks a ton.. however, i do not have administrative rights to install the latest version of itunes on the computer i use..
    does this mean that there isnt a way to install the installer on 1.0.2? help me.. thanks..

Thanks

thanks a ton.. however, i do not have administrative rights to install the latest version of itunes on the computer i use..
    does this mean that there isnt a way to install the installer on 1.0.2? help me.. thanks..
    your current itunes will probably work. Trust me, you should consider the firmware upgrade.

To manually install the Installer on your 1.0.2 is very tricky and requires a lot of steps...if you still want to do this..i will PM you the instructions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

anni (2008-05-07)

Thanks

moved

alright.. let me know if this would work..
    what if i save the .exe for the latest itunes version and then install it on my laptop at home (where i dont have an internet connection!)..

also i download the ziphone3.0 and take it home..

would this be okay for the first step you suggested of upgrading the firmware? is unlocking with ziphone 3.0 very easy?
    i got so many questions since i am very dumb with all this.. please advise..

Thanks

alright.. let me know if this would work..
    what if i save the .exe for the latest itunes version and then install it on my laptop at home (where i dont have an internet connection!)..

also i download the ziphone3.0 and take it home..

would this be okay for the first step you suggested of upgrading the firmware? is unlocking with ziphone 3.0 very easy?
    i got so many questions since i am very dumb with all this.. please advise..
    Yes, that would work...you dont need internet connection to do this.
    Maybe you can bring your laptop to work...use the work's ethernet line to get internet access to your laptop to download stuff.
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 2008-05-07 at 11:32 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

anni (2008-05-07)

thats a great news.. a bit relieved now.. however, could you put some light on how to deal with this "ziphone3.0"??

as in, the link to download the file.. and steps to follow..

if i m not wrong.. first i will have to upgrade the phone through itunes.. but dont i need the internet connection when i hit the "upgrade" button?

Thanks

thats a great news.. a bit relieved now.. however, could you put some light on how to deal with this "ziphone3.0"??

as in, the link to download the file.. and steps to follow..

if i m not wrong.. first i will have to upgrade the phone through itunes.. but dont i need the internet connection when i hit the "upgrade" button?
    youre right...you do need internet connection...cause right after you click RESTORE on itunes...itunes then will download 1.1.4 firmware.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

anni (2008-05-07)

so then can you tell me the next steps??
    for the ziphone 3.0??
    the link from where i can download it and rest of the stuff??!!
    thanks for your replies..

Thanks

PM sent...check it.

got it.. thanks..
    i m downloading the ziphone file.. but the upgrade firmware 1.1.4 link is not working.. the page would not open up.. also the manual instructions you sent seems like its beyond my reach..

Thanks

if you are at work now...do this...open itunes...go on top and click on Help..scroll down to About Itunes...pop up window will show up..read me the itunes version. thx.

if you have questions..do feel free to PM me..if i can help you, i will.

GoodLuck.
    Last edited by SundayDuffer; 2008-05-07 at 12:22 PM.

it is 7.5.0.20

Thanks

it should work..you dont have to upgrade itunes...you can do this at work. Now it does takes a good hour or two for your itunes to download the 1.1.4 firmware...so what...just let it runs...in the meantime, install Ziphone to the PC...when all done..run Ziphone and unlock or jailbreak your phone with one click.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

anni (2008-05-07)

but as you mentioned before.. what file do i select after holding SHIFT and pressing upgrade or restore??
    since the firmware upgrade you sent didnt work..
    also how do i jailbreak the phone later?? do i still need itunes to jailbreak with the ziphone file?

Thanks

if youre going to do this from home..then you need download the 1.1.4 firmware and bring it home...the link i PMed you should work...i just checked. Go there again scroll down to where it says "iPhone 1.1.4: Download Link" and click on the Download Link...a download save popup window will show up. it's the file that ends with .ipsw

at home..runs itunes..connect your phone...hold down shift key and hit restore..popup window will popup...go choose your 1.1.4 firmware and run it.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

anni (2008-05-07)

alrite i googled for it and m downloading that file off the web.. iphone 1.1.4.. its an .ipsw file..
    i hold SHIFT and restore and then select this file through itunes..
    then how do use the ziphone 3.0 file??

Thanks

once the iphone is restored with 1.1.4..the rest is easy...all you have to do is run itunes just let itunes detect the phone...and that's it..you dont need to anything else with itunes....then you would open up Ziphone and run it...once Ziphone has detected your phone...you can choose the options of jailbreaking only, or do it all...pick and and hit process...and wait...about 1 minute or so...youre done. Installer will appear on your phone. Hope that helps.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:

The Almighty Sith Lord (2008-05-09)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can u oso provide me the ziphone pls.. cos my iphone got some problem which some application is lost after i download from my phone through wifi.. so i plan to upgrade to 1.1.4.. but i worry it will lock back my unlock iphone..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast