Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ziphone - Remove, as no installer.app

Default Ziphone - Remove, as no installer.app
    Hi,
    I need some help with an iphone that my mate has been trying to unlock. I havent had any experience with the various methods since before ziphone came out.

He purchased a 1.1.4 and used ziphone to unlock it by apparently pressing "do everything".

The problem is that now the iphone is firmware 1.1.2 and there is no installer.app although the phone is unlocked.

He would like to use 1.1.4 and obviously have the installer, so my question is how to do this.

We are also unsure which baseband he has as my plan was to simply restore the phone to 1.1.4 and then retry ziphone by pressing unlock jailbreak and activate individually. But i am not sure what effect the baseband will have on this as he cannot afford a brick at the moment as we cannot return the phone for a month.

Any help would be appreciated.

i need this fix also. no installer after using ziphone 3.0 on 1.1.4 for 8 gig / 1 gen iphone.

than use a winpwn for 1.1.4

with ziphone do now JAILBREAK only... it should install installer now (its a familiar problem). Ziphone wont harm ur phone for sure...

thanks mithumann,
    i will try to do Jailbrak only from the ZIPHONE program and hopefully it will install the installer.app.

I'll let you know how it works out.
    nic

running the Jailbreak (only) on my unlocking iphone did NOT install the installer.app.

looking for other ways.. looking into iLIberty now..

any help, anyone?