Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: is anybody else having installer issues?

Default is anybody else having installer issues?
    keep getting "cant find host" errors.

Banned
    Thanks

I have to open finder and go to Mobile/Library/Installer and delete remote packings.plist, then it refreshes fast with NO problems

ok, that did not work..

ok, now its working..had to reboot the phone i guess. what exactly is this remotepackages.plist and why does it need to be deleted in order for installer to work right?

ok..once again, is anyone else having problems with installer? cant find host errors? anybody? or is it just me?
    Last edited by jayteez; 2008-04-26 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned
    Thanks

I actually didn't have host errors. Installer just kept crashing when I would try to open it, so I had to delete remote packages.plist. One of the sources told me to to it because I had so many sources.

my installer isnt crashing at all..i just cant download any apps..

eh...seems to be working fine now.. close thread, please.
    Last edited by jayteez; 2008-04-26 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey, I have the same problem. I have a 1.02 firmware and the latest installer. I need to download BSD Subsystem but I just can't download it. Installer is taking forever and it still won't download. Please help. Tried rebooting as well as switch-off/on several times but it won't work. What can I do?

Thanks

bsd subsystem is big. it will take a long time to download.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

Yeah, I know that. Actually I've always had problems downloading files from installer no matter how small they were. I've tried so much for the bsd subsystem. I've kept my iPhone in auto-lock off and waited for more than 30 mins, but there is no progress at all. Please help! I need BSD Subsystem!

Again, this is THE WRONG section for troubleshooting. This is an APPLICATION LAUNCHES section. Please stop posting off-subject issues in the wrong sections. It's common courtesy.