Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone installer fails to download, using Linksys range extender

Default iPhone installer fails to download, using Linksys range extender
    Hi all,
    since I have installed and used my Linksys WRE54G range extender (maybe model name differs in US), my iPhone won't do any downloading of new and updated packages using installer. Strange thing is: emails send/receive works, safari works, iRadio works, vnc works. Does anyone have any experience with that? Or any idea why this is stuck?

Technical data:
    iPhone V 1.1.2, IP 192.168.0.16, WiFi setup correctly
    Linksys WRT54G 192.168.0.1 (basic access point)
    Linksys WRE54G 192.168.0.99, Gateway set to 192.168.0.1

I have two notebooks here which use this WiFi, both do their work without any complaints.

Cheers
    Marc

I have this problem quite often and its usually resolved by force quitting the installer (hold the home button until it quits) or restarting the phone.

Hi,
    no, that's not it. I just upgraded to 1.1.4 and happened to install Cydia. With this, the WiFi *automatically* sets the DHCP to a correct 192.168.0.x IP address. But well, I do not like Cydia as it does not have the sources I need, no summerboard, no vnc...
    So I reinstalled 1.1.4 not using iLiberty+ but ziphone to have the installer back.
    This time, WiFi uses DHCP with a strange 167.xx.xx.xx address, which won't work with my network. I manually set a fix IP to the one mentioned above.
    Result: No sources refresh, no new apps, nothing. I think it's the installer which does not like my WiFi config.

EDIT: I just changed some Wifi settings: Set "Router" to 192.168.0.99 and "DNS" to 192.168.0.99. No improvments. Any ideas?
    EDIT2: Refreshing does not work in a way that the status bar will go white till the end and then iPhone will say "Could not refresh sources".
    A try to install something results in an "Error" popup: "Package download failed: can't find host"

Cheers
    Marc
    Last edited by msbab; 2008-04-25 at 03:19 PM. Reason: added a few lines