Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer.app Package Making

Default Installer.app Package Making
    I am trying to make a package for the mobilestack.app. I downloaded the demo package for apptapp's website and I understand all of that for the most part. The only thing is that there are still some scripts that are missing and I'm just starting out with "code" type stuff. I'm good at picking out the important stuff and editing it for my own needs but I need something to go by. If anyone has a package that they could send to me that would be great! I know HighTymes, LoringStudios, and the guy that made the Rogue source know how to do it, so does anyone else? But if you three guys could send me a sample package that would be great. Please if you have access to this please help me! Thanks.

-Swell

Thanks

http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/ at the bottom there some samples you can download!!!

That what I mean't by the samples from AppTapp's website but I'm pretty sure that there are still some scripts missing. Thanks for the reply so quickly.

Thanks

Last edited by jedinight; 2007-10-28 at 02:26 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks, I've been digging all over the place. I want to get this done by tonight so I can officially post it tomorrow,because a lot of people have been having problems with Stacks.app but the thing is that it's really easy. I could make it were StackController.app goes into /Appliations/ and then everyone could run that to install stacks.app anduse costumize.app to reorder the icons to were it's were iPod was. Oh and by the way I will be posting some videos on how to get a couple of stuff running on the iPhone on my website www.lyndellwiggins.com if you want to help get the word out. Later.

-Swell

P.S. I'll post what I find if your interested.

Thanks

coool..yes please post what you got going and ill see if i can figure out how to get you packageresource.plist to install thur safari

Man...it's crazy over here at my house. Got two computers (iMac and MacBook) going at it to get my website up, find out about the packages and how to host them. I think I MIGHT have figured out how to make them but still not how to host them. I'll get everything I can get that helps and send it to you ASAP (well soon haha)

Edit: Ok, here is what I have gotten so far. I really think that the pxlpkg.plist thing is the ticket but who knows? also if you have an intel mac i sent you an app for editing .plists but you might already have it. I guess its better to be prepared.
    Last edited by swell; 2007-10-28 at 03:13 AM.

Edit: I found CyberGreg's stuff so I'm going to try and pick it apart with some highlighters. haha. I'm going to finish my website and get back on this tomorrow.
    later
    -Swell
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by swell; 2007-10-28 at 04:26 AM.

I noticed your format is differant than that used on http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/

any reason? I think its cool that its all in one xml file and thats it, but I'm curious why you chose that format.