Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Neglected to install Installer with iLiberty

Default Neglected to install Installer with iLiberty
    I have Cydia but no Installer. What should I do? Should I run iliberty again completely, or just to install Installer?

Of course, Cydia does not allow me an easy way to introduce new sources. I tried adding .list files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/ and then gave up. I have had lots of fun with stuff I installed (Garf rocks) but I dont mind starting fresh.

Thanks and good work all

If you have time just run iliberty again. I did it a few times when I made the jump to 1.1.4...it didn't take too long.
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

thanks evolutionarymc,
    this time i selected a few payloads and downloaded them (termvt-100, OpenSSH, and Installer). I can see the zip and ".sh" files in in the Program Files/iLiberty/payload folder.

I then ran iliberty again ("Go for it!") with all boxes selected except "activate"

Everything ran sucessfully, but I still don't have Installer (or OpenSSH) icons.
    How do payloads get installed? How can I get Installer working? All my Cydia installs from yesterday are still there.

I used iliberty 1.2.0.65 with the 1.3.0.113 patch

Any help?

I ran off the version you mentioned without update. Honestly if you still don't see installer just use iliberty to go into recovery. Next go into iTunes and do a regular restore. It will erase everything and give you 1.1.4 then jailbreak with il+ just select installer as your only payload. It worked great for me
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to evolutionarymc For This Useful Post:

jailbroken (2008-04-13)

Let me make sure I do this right. Do I need to have it in the recovery mode to do a restore from iTunes? Must I use iLiberty to induce recovery mode? And finally, getting everything back to vanilla 1.1.4 really as simple as doing a restore from iTunes?

Thanks in advance

Jawad

what is il+???were do i get it??

That's right. Then when its restored you can use iliberty to jailbreak 1.1.4

Dom that's just short for iliberty+

Jailbreak pm me if you have any problems
    Last edited by evolutionarymc; 2008-04-13 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. The Following User Says Thank You to evolutionarymc For This Useful Post:

jailbroken (2008-04-14)

Thank you again.

I just want to clarify the process for running restore form iTunes.

1. Run iLiberty
    2. Wait to go into recovery mode
    3. Hit restore in itunes

What happens to iLiberty that is running when I hit restore in iTunes. Will it let iTunes take over, or will in continue with its Jailbreak (this sounds scary)?

No don't jailbreak it yet. You should notice three tabs. One with the jailbreak, one with other tools, and one with payloads. Other tools will allow you to put it into recovery. Then once in recovery you use iTunes to restore. Once restored you jailbreak. When you jailbreak only select installer as a payload. When finished you should have a jailbroken 1.1.4 with installer. Fresh and clean to use at your disposal

12. The Following User Says Thank You to evolutionarymc For This Useful Post:

jailbroken (2008-04-14)

ITunes tells me that restore will wipe all my data clean. That's a bit drastic, although I could backup everything besides my notes. (music, vidoes, pictures, bookmarks, contacts etc). Let me try a few things before I go down that path.

All I am trying to do is install Installer. I have the Installer package downloaded, and I have Cydia. Any help in understanding how Cydia installs payloads might be useful.

Evolutionary MC, thank you for all your help so far, and thanks in advance.

It will delete that stuff me idgaf. I got every thing but my notes back and running in the same day.And SSH isn't an icon, its a service sorry I didn't tell you sooner.I can't tell you how to use that part without you having installer for I do not use Cydia. No prob for the help