Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer Applications Says Installed But Not

Default Installer Applications Says Installed But Not
    I have just finished updating to 1.1.1 firmware and everything went fine.

I also followed the guide to install the installer.app again but when i go into installer it shows as all my applications are still installed for some reason.

When i go to my media folder all my files are still there NES roms and everything. When i got to my library in var/root/ it shows all the applications that were installed by installer.app in version 1.0.2 firmware.

How should i go about removing stuff and leaving the BSD stuff installed? I don't want to ruin anything by reinstalling something i have already but the installer just doesnt know i have it installed.

Anyone can talk to me on AIM: Juanxnzze
    Thanks for any help in advance guys!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juansito View Post
    How should i go about removing stuff and leaving the BSD stuff installed? I don't want to ruin anything by reinstalling something i have already but the installer just doesnt know i have it installed.

Anyone can talk to me on AIM: Juanxnzze
    Thanks for any help in advance guys!
    Remove the third party apps from /Applications and then delete:

- ~/Library/Installer/LocalPackages.plist
    - ~/Library/Installer/Preferences.plist
    - ~/Library/Installer/UpdatedPackages.plist

Then as far as installer knows, you got nothin.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Remove the third party apps from /Applications and then delete:

- ~/Library/Installer/LocalPackages.plist
    - ~/Library/Installer/Preferences.plist
    - ~/Library/Installer/UpdatedPackages.plist

Then as far as installer knows, you got nothin.
    Thanks everything is working now, But it still shows that i have 53MB available but i deleted every programed ( that i knew the location of )

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juansito View Post
    Thanks everything is working now, But it still shows that i have 53MB available but i deleted every programed ( that i knew the location of )
    Sometimes, the Installer removes the programs but not the data. Check the Library folder for any left behind stuff. If you see any folders in the library with the same name as the app, just delete the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Sometimes, the Installer removes the programs but not the data. Check the Library folder for any left behind stuff. If you see any folders in the library with the same name as the app, just delete the whole thing.
    First i want to say thanks Eurisko!

I looked in there and deleted every app i knew off that was installed, It still says the samething this time but i didnt restart so we will see.

Its ok though im just going to install a few programs that i use instead of everything just to have it. Also when i try to install apollo it says that i need to install the BSD system but i did that manually so how do i get Apollo installed (Manual Install?)
    Last edited by Juansito; 2007-10-18 at 02:58 AM.

I have the same problem but I don't have those files. It says a lot of the apps are already installed (they were when I was running 1.0.2). I cannot reinstall then under 1.1.1

never mind. I lied. It was under /root/Library....
    Last edited by thasan; 2007-10-18 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thasan View Post
    I have the same problem but I don't have those files. It says a lot of the apps are already installed (they were when I was running 1.0.2). I cannot reinstall then under 1.1.1

never mind. I lied. It was under /root/Library....
    Ya. the ~ (tilde) always refers to your Home directory.