Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: installer.app: possible issue & question.

Default installer.app: possible issue & question.
    Greetings. I have a 1.1.1 phone jailbroken and activated with independence. I noticed that the available space shown at the bottom of installer.app is lower than what it is on a 1.02 phone. On 1.02, the base number, with no apps installed is above 100mb. On 1.1.1, it is well below, about 40mb.

Does anyone know how this number at the bottom of installler.app is generated and from which directory it is read? Does the number even matter or is it arbitrary?

This issue has been brought up a number of times in many other forums. Basically 1.1.1 takes up more space than 1.0.2. Some people have successfully moved their apps to other partitions though. There are a few threads on it.

well considering the 1.0.2 upgrade was 91 MB and the 1.1.1 was 150 MB, i'd say thats where the 60 missing MB are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by steinah View Post
    well considering the 1.0.2 upgrade was 91 MB and the 1.1.1 was 150 MB, i'd say thats where the 60 missing MB are coming from.

yeah, I found directions on moving /applications to /var/root/ to conserve the 128mb allocated to the iphone's system.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...g+applications