Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SummerBoard and Installer

Default SummerBoard and Installer
    I know this may have been posted but searching with the two words "Summerboard" and "themes" I have not gotten a solid answer. I want to know if there is a work-around with having the Installer app recognize Summerboard being installed, so I can therefore install new themes directly through installer. Also, I noticed Installer's memory is abnormally low. With 1.0.2 I would have roughly 105MB left even with BSD and many apps installed. With the new Summerboard I have nearly 29MB with BSD and a few apps installed. Is this normal or should I be checking into this a little more?

Reako

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure the abnormally low space on installer is normal but right now I don't think there is any way to install summerboard and having the installer.app recognize it but at least you can manually install it instead of not at all.

Yes, there is a work around. Install SummerBoard 2.11 though Installer and it will list it as installed. Then perform the manual install to "activate" SummerBoard. You will then be able to install all the SummerBoard themes that are listed on Installer.

I have NOT done this, but have read a few posts where others have! Proceed at your own risk - SummerBoard is listed as an Alpha version for a reason

Re: low space - the 1.1.1 firmware takes up more space so now there is less available for Installer app to use.