Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can someone post instructions for installing installer with jailbreaked 1.1.1

Default Can someone post instructions for installing installer with jailbreaked 1.1.1
    i succesfully jailbreaked and installed ssh but now when i try to put any 3rd party app on it through terminal it does not show up on the phone

Download the installer package and extract the file. In that file, there should be a folder called installer.app. Copy that over to your applications folder on your iphone via ssh. Restart your iphone and it should show up.

- Garrett

I am logged on to a freshly jailbroke 1.1.1 phone. I do not see an applications folder in the libraries directory. Is this a user added folder? If so, which root do i use. thanks?

iPhone? More like MyPhone xfsasx's Avatar
    Thanks

it should be at the root /

i cheated when i jailbreaked mine i put installer.app in the snowbird.dmg when i wrote it back to my phone so it was already on it!

but cyberduck in to your phone and drop the installer.app in to the Applications folder

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    it should be at the root /

i cheated when i jailbreaked mine i put installer.app in the snowbird.dmg when i wrote it back to my phone so it was already on it!

but cyberduck in to your phone and drop the installer.app in to the Applications folder
    Sorry, confused. So I should already have an Applications directory at the root? I don't see it. I see Library and Media.

Thanks

did you log on to your phone as root through cyberduck?

Thanks

this what you see?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -picture-2.png  

Thanks
    Korndog,

It is real easy to install stuff using INdependence. If you have it installed and have ssh installed on your iPhone (also a function of INdependence), click the customize tab, click on the + symbol, and you can install anything.

To find the installer app, download but don't run the apptapp installer.app, then right click on it to "show package contents". Open the folder "contents" then the folder "resources". Drag "installer.app" to the desktop. Then in INdependence, choose it in the dialog that opens when you click the +.
    Ride motorsickles?
    www.advrider.com

Quote Originally Posted by johntm View Post
    Korndog,

It is real easy to install stuff using INdependence. If you have it installed and have ssh installed on your iPhone (also a function of INdependence), click the customize tab, click on the + symbol, and you can install anything.

To find the installer app, download but don't run the apptapp installer.app, then right click on it to "show package contents". Open the folder "contents" then the folder "resources". Drag "installer.app" to the desktop. Then in INdependence, choose it in the dialog that opens when you click the +.
    Thanks
    I finally got it installed using iphonealley instructions. I believe the customize tab on 1.2.2 has some issues according to the dev site.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xfsasx View Post
    this what you see?
    HAHA, kinda funny :P

You are in /var/root not /

Go back 2 levels in the directory.

hehe, funny again

Quote Originally Posted by lookatthemonkeys View Post
    HAHA, kinda funny :P

You are in /var/root not /

Go back 2 levels in the directory.

hehe, funny again
    Yep. The ftp client i was using didn't show the parent directories for some reason. Cyberduck took care of it.