Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Installer out of space, nothing installed!

Default Installer out of space, nothing installed!
    I just upgraded to 1.1.1 successfully and have installer on, i installed mobile chat, customize and mobile finder.. as soon as i installed mobile finder it told me a am running out of space, i still have plenty of space left so i no something is def wrong. I had to install the bsd subsystem on installer i no i already installed it when i had to upgrade, could that be the issue? i would really like to avoid restoring again as it took me 3 times to get 1.1.1 successfully "hacked" help would be appreciated

in iTunes how much free space does it say you have? if it says 300mb u forgot the end of the jailbreak instructions

no, i did that part, just installer is really low in memory, i have like 4gbs of space

Try moving your applications to your Media partition.

I wrote up how to do it here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...g+applications

Quote Originally Posted by scr4p View Post
    Try moving your applications to your Media partition.

I wrote up how to do it here: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...g+applications
    I'm in a similar situation with a 1.1.1 install. My available installer space, with the several apps I have installed only leaves me with 33mb. I did the procedure noted above and that only increased the free space to 47mb.

Is there something else that can be done to increase free space?

yeah, same here.
    and I used the "movin" code,
    and I guess I did it wrong,
    everything is gone after I reboot..

I need some help!!

Quote Originally Posted by ip0ne View Post
    I'm in a similar situation with a 1.1.1 install. My available installer space, with the several apps I have installed only leaves me with 33mb. I did the procedure noted above and that only increased the free space to 47mb.

Is there something else that can be done to increase free space?
    You don't need anymore free space. Since you moved your Applications directory anything you install won't take up anymore space on your / partition. Install everything in Installer and your free space won't move. The only limit you have now is what your media partition can hold. So if you fill up your 8 Gig of space with music, videos, etc then you will run out of space for new applications.

Quote Originally Posted by joemulder View Post
    yeah, same here.
    and I used the "movin" code,
    and I guess I did it wrong,
    everything is gone after I reboot..

I need some help!!
    Did you make sure that the noexec option was removed from /etc/fstab?
    Last edited by scr4p; 2007-10-18 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have also noticed this. Did we somehow inadvertantly reduce the partition for Installer.app? I remember on Firmware 1.0.2, my Installer.app showed 100+ MB of available space. Any thoughts?

There is a possibility that 1.1.1 being about 60MB bigger then 1.0.2 could have something to do with it don't you think?

Just move your apps as discussed earlier in this thread.