Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Accidently Disconnected while Jailbreaking Using iLiberty+

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Accidently Disconnected while Jailbreaking Using iLiberty+
    I have been having some troubles with my iPhone lately, so I decided to restore. When the custom firmware that I usually restore with didn't work, I restored to the default and wanted to jailbreak it with iLiberty+ for Mac. After it said "Preparing for jailbreak" for over 30 minutes, and with my iPhone still being in restore mode I decided to quit the application. Bad idea.

When I turned the iPhone on again, I saw the scrolling white text on the black screen that you usually see when jailbreaking your phone, but my iPhone wasn't even plugged in anymore. Now when I try to restore my phone, I get error 2001. I'm out of ideas, what do I do? Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

could have fudged ur baseband, which is not good, can you do DFU mode and try to restore
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to screamforme02 For This Useful Post:

Numberzz (2008-06-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone MacLunatic's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah.. restore in DFU mode!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MacLunatic For This Useful Post:

Numberzz (2008-06-17)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Numberzz's Avatar
    Thanks

Restoring in DFU got it to restore, but every single time I try to restore to any firmware, it fails with 1015. iNdependence doesn't get my iPhone out of that mode, I've left it for more than 10 minutes at a time. Also, pwning it doesn't work, nor does iLiberty. Anything else I can do?
    EDIT: This might not be worth mentioning, but the restore always fails at "restoring iPhone firmware" after it displays "verifying iPhone firmware."

OK, I've solved it, kind of. After the 1015 error, I use ZiPhone and my phone boots out of the recovery mode. But the thing is, I pressed jailbreak, and when it boots, I am not getting the Installer.app. Whenever I recover, I get an error.
    Is there anything I can do?
    Last edited by Numberzz; 2008-06-17 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost