Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do Not Use ZiPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Adplaya View Post
    Someone stated something about cydia and iLiberty. Are the two bundled, like ziphone and installer? Because I dont want to stray from Installer.
    iLiberty pushes cydia and already has it downloaded.
    You need to download Installer from the repo section,
    then enable it in the local section.

Thanks

I think iLiberty has installer with it now, haven't jailbroken recently, so I can't be sure. If not, Installer is available on Cydia to download.

Ive used ZiPhone 3 times now and never had an issue with it, and as far as downgrading the bootloader i dont see the big deal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1naryBand1t View Post
    Ive used ZiPhone 3 times now and never had an issue with it, and as far as downgrading the bootloader i dont see the big deal.

That statement has been countered so many time in this thread.

Can anyone state exactly what triggers this "spontaneous bricking" of ZiPhone 1-pass jailbreak/unlocked iPhones?

I ask because I have been running 1.1.4 ZiPhone unlocked since the first version of ZiPhone that could do it was out. My phone is an 8GB 1.0.2 OTB and I've had it since within a couple of weeks of the release of the iPhone. I have had zero issues so far, and I use many aspects of the phone daily, including installing/uninstalling multiple Installer packaged apps and keeping on top of app updates.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 1BADRIDE; 2008-06-02 at 01:05 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

iLiberty+ does come with installer. As soon as you start iLiberty+ it asks you to enable things you want to be done to your fone. Unlock/Activate/Jailbreak and then the last option you can enable the option where it says Install Installer.

just redid mine.. thanx for the info....

can any help.....i unlocked with iliberty and summerboard doesnt work....the themes can not be used....if u choose one it will reboot and still show the default theme... i have tried every patch and every option i read so far....none works...please help!

Thanks

iliberty is now default with Installer. Cydia is an option.

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

Thanks

kmar- Did you reboot you device?

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADRIDE View Post
    Can anyone state exactly what triggers this "spontaneous bricking" of ZiPhone 1-pass jailbreak/unlocked iPhones?

I ask because I have been running 1.1.4 ZiPhone unlocked since the first version of ZiPhone that could do it was out. My phone is an 8GB 1.0.2 OTB and I've had it since within a couple of weeks of the release of the iPhone. I have had zero issues so far, and I use many aspects of the phone daily, including installing/uninstalling multiple Installer packaged apps and keeping on top of app updates.

Thanks!
    Bueller? Bueller?

Thanks

^Tits, bro... Read the threadzorz. Ramdisk/seczone corruption among other things.

yea i reboot..i swear i have almost did everything possible....no dice....need help pleaseee....but what is really fun that i unlocked it with ziphone and it actually works.....but i want to ur iliberty!!!!!

Thanks

What version of iLiberty did you use

Thanks

You shouldn't have any problems ulocking/activating/jailbreaking your iPhone with iLiberty+. It's strange why your phone is working fine with Ziphone and not with iLiberty+.

Just restore your phone with itunes to factory settins, download the newest iLib+ version from this website and I don't see why your iPhone wouldn't successfully work.

By the way, Cydia wont work for me. I open it and as it try to load it takes me back to the home screen. I even downloaded the other cydia patch that's supposed to fix this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    You shouldn't have any problems ulocking/activating/jailbreaking your iPhone with iLiberty+. It's strange why your phone is working fine with Ziphone and not with iLiberty+.

Just restore your phone with itunes to factory settins, download the newest iLib+ version from this website and I don't see why your iPhone wouldn't successfully work.

By the way, Cydia wont work for me. I open it and as it try to load it takes me back to the home screen. I even downloaded the other cydia patch that's supposed to fix this.
    Do you have SSH available? Here are some commands to enter in Terminal there

apt-get dist-upgrade

apt-get upgrade

apt-get update

thank you and sorry ,but can u tell me what am i to do!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aamodr View Post
    thank you and sorry ,but can u tell me what am i to do!!!!
    Restore and iLiberty it up.

yeah Ziphone is bad i used it and my touch on 1.1.4 crashed once and a bunch of white letters appeared like the jailbreak screen but it froze and wouldn't turn of or go in to recovery mode i thought it was bricked but i googled it and so i had to re jailbreak it with ziphone then restore in itunes only to find out ziphone took a huge 1 gigabyte out of my ipods 8 gig memory and this crashing happened 5 more times so i now used i liberty and no crasing and only like 256megabytes are used

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Do you have SSH available? Here are some commands to enter in Terminal there

apt-get dist-upgrade

apt-get upgrade

apt-get update
    Yep, that worked. Thanks bro.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast