Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no service after iliberty... Help!

Default no service after iliberty... Help!
    I restored my phone to 1.1.4 through iTunes and then it activated before I could do anything. So then I used iliberty to jailbreak and i do select it to activate.. The jailbreak worked flawlassly, but I don't have AT&T service. My wifi works.

Please help. Should I have restored then like turned the iPhone off before it activated or something?

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

You have an OFFICAL AT&T contract? Then you just need only to jailbreak... Its much easier to do with Ziphone....

well, iliberty can do it too and is much newer. I never unlocked... but isnt the "activation" under "advanced" tab do it?

anyways, let me get this straight...

should i just restore to 1.1.4 again, let it activate through itunes - and then jailbreak - but not select the activation or downgrading the baseband (my iphone came with 1.1.1)

I know basically what to do, but when to disconnect, or when to turn the iphone off, etc. i am not exactly clear on.

tried ziphone - same problem..

So, I got a iphone with 1.1.2 OTB... i was on 1.1.2 jailbroken. Now I want to be jailbroken again. So I restored to 1.1.4, then I plugged the iphone into iliberty, selected the options to jailbreak and activate it. NOT unlock it. However, I thought I read that if you had 1.1.2 out of the box, which it was, I had to select the "downgrade bootloader." Please confirm this with me!

Also, once I have restored to 1.1.4, do i unplug and then plug back in and then try to jailbreak, activate, and downgrade bootloader? Or shuld I be activating through itunes before jailbreaking?

Thanks!
    Last edited by lbjandai; 2008-05-13 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost