Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Install Cydia Manually after the Pangu 8.x Jailbreak

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Default How to Install Cydia Manually with the Pangu 8.x Jailbreak

The Pangu jailbreak recently came out, but doesn't yet come with Cydia installed.

This guide will show you how to install Cydia manually on a phone jailbroken by Pangu for 8.x, and is meant to be completed after following this guide of how to jailbreak your iPhone.

1) First, make sure you've already installed OpenSSH. To do this, you launch the Pangu app which jailbreaking added to your homescreen, and tap the download icon for OpenSSH, then hit install. Once installed, hit ok.

You'll also want to download the .deb file for Cydia 1.1.13 (http://apt.saurik.com/debs/cydia_1.1...honeos-arm.deb) and this file (http://cache.saurik.com/debs/cydia-l...honeos-arm.deb), which work for iOS 8.x. You can save them wherever you'd like, but we usually just put it on the Desktop.

2) Now you need to SFTP into the iDevice. This is done from your computer. We are big fans of Panic's Coda program, but hey, CyberDuck is free and multi-platform. Download one if you don't already have one, and launch it. Making sure your iDevice and computer are on the same WiFi network, connect to your iDevice through the FTP program.

This is done by inputting your iDevice's IP address in the Server field (make sure you're on SFTP), the user 'root', and the password 'alpine' (both without the quotes). (You can find your device's IP address in Settings > Wi-Fi > click the small blue circle with an i to the right of the network you're connected to.) Connect. If you receive an ‘Unknown fingerprint’ error, click Allow.

3) You're now SFTP'd into your device's filesystem. Making sure you're in /Private/Var/Root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall. Place both files we downloaded earlier in that folder, then reboot the device.

4) Now, click the Cydia icon on your homescreen! You're good to go. Make sure to go into the Changes section and install the latest update for Substrate, as you'll need that to have it working correctly on 8.x.

PLEASE NOTE - Not all tweaks are iOS 8 compatible, but the list is over 100 now! As the next couple weeks go by, you'll see more and more become compatible.
    Last edited by Kyle Matthews; 2014-10-28 at 07:13 PM.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Why would anyone want to try this?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Impatience I'm guessing.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post

why not?

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    Impatience I'm guessing.
    curiosity

Thanks

Installed Cydia last night, super easy.

Quote Originally Posted by iN2K View Post
    Installed Cydia last night, super easy.
    Is your safari crashing?

i keep getting this for some reason

/private/var/root$ dpkg -i cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb

dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `io.pangu.loader' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
    (Reading database ... 1062 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace cydia-lproj 1.1.12 (using cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement cydia-lproj ...
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of cydia-lproj:
    cydia-lproj depends on cydia; however:
    Package cydia is not configured yet.
    dpkg: error processing cydia-lproj (--install):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    cydia-lproj

also if i use the command dpkg –install cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb
    i get this

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages[*];
    Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
    Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
    Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
    Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
    Type dpkg --license for copyright license and lack of warranty (GNU GPL)[*].

Options marked[*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or `more' !

ok never mnind i got around it by

Makeing a folder called "Cydia" in /Private/Var/Root/Media then make another folder inside "Cydia" and name it "AutoInstall". Place the both files in that folder then reboot the device.
    Last edited by stinkyjoint; 2014-10-24 at 02:51 AM.

Is anyone else having issues when rebooting/tuning on/off and the phone gets stuck on the boot logo?

Thumbs up It finally works!
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkyjoint View Post
    i keep getting this for some reason

/private/var/root$ dpkg -i cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb

dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `io.pangu.loader' missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
    (Reading database ... 1062 files and directories currently installed.)
    Preparing to replace cydia-lproj 1.1.12 (using cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
    Unpacking replacement cydia-lproj ...
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of cydia-lproj:
    cydia-lproj depends on cydia; however:
    Package cydia is not configured yet.
    dpkg: error processing cydia-lproj (--install):
    dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    cydia-lproj

also if i use the command dpkg –install cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb
    i get this

Type dpkg --help for help about installing and deinstalling packages[*];
    Use `dselect' or `aptitude' for user-friendly package management;
    Type dpkg -Dhelp for a list of dpkg debug flag values;
    Type dpkg --force-help for a list of forcing options;
    Type dpkg-deb --help for help about manipulating *.deb files;
    Type dpkg --license for copyright license and lack of warranty (GNU GPL)[*].

Options marked[*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or `more' !

Makeing a folder called "Cydia" in /Private/Var/Root/Media then make another folder inside "Cydia" and name it "AutoInstall". Place the both files in that folder then reboot the device.
    You are a lifesaver! I've been failing for 2 hrs and when i tried that, it FINALLY worked! THANK YOU

send command is not highlighted, for some reason?????

Last edited by ezlnh8u; 2014-10-24 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ezlnh8u View Post

Make a folder called "Cydia" in /Private/Var/Root/Media then make another folder inside "Cydia" and name it "AutoInstall". Place the both files in that folder then reboot the device.

Quote Originally Posted by to_conquer View Post
    You are a lifesaver! I've been failing for 2 hrs and when i tried that, it FINALLY worked! THANK YOU
    no probs mate

I did create a folder, followed your instructions, restarted, but dont see anything different?

nm/ didnt read the media folder, restarting now,I will update.

Ok, got the files in the right place, and restarted, Dont see anything different on my homescreen, Is there suppose to be a cydia icon?
    Last edited by ezlnh8u; 2014-10-24 at 03:42 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

This procedure reminds me when I started in the jailbreak scene with Firmware 1.0.2 with the first iPhone, when it was taking almost 8 hours to jailbreak your iPhone. I prefer to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ezlnh8u View Post
    I did create a folder, followed your instructions, restarted, but dont see anything different?

nm/ didnt read the media folder, restarting now,I will update.

Ok, got the files in the right place, and restarted, Dont see anything different on my homescreen, Is there suppose to be a cydia icon?
    yeah there shud be a icon on page 1 or 2?

does your path say this i think its case sensitive also

/private/var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall

and in that folder you should have

cydia_1.1.13_iphoneos-arm.deb

cydia-lproj_1.1.12_iphoneos-arm.deb

Make a folder called "Cydia" in /Private/Var/Root/Media then make another folder inside "Cydia" and name it "AutoInstall". Place the both files in that folder then reboot the device.

no probs mate
    I have done this, also ran the install commands from Cygwin. I got confirmation that cydia was setup, however nothing ever shows up on the homescreen. 5 times now with no luck.

Thank you! You made a broken tutorial useful.
    Hmm...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to exNavy For This Useful Post:

Kyle Matthews (2014-10-27)

If anyone else has cydia not showing up, run the pangu jailbreak again, and it will show up after reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedfx View Post
    I have done this, also ran the install commands from Cygwin. I got confirmation that cydia was setup, however nothing ever shows up on the homescreen. 5 times now with no luck.
    After you have followed all the instruction (including making the cydia and autoinstall folder) hook your phone back up to your pc and run the Pangu jailbreak again. I was having the same problem as you and this worked for me. Hope it helps.

Tried all methods, and still nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedfx View Post
    If anyone else has cydia not showing up, run the pangu jailbreak again, and it will show up after reboot.

WORKED PERFECT! JB on iPhone 6 Plus via ios 8.0.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast