Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak your 8.x iOS Device with Pangu

I Jailbreak my iPhone 5 yesterday with pangu lastest V 1.2.0
    install sources and packages . after that when to power off and on again
    phone stuck at Apple logo .
    need to restore back to 8.1
    total i restore my phone for 5 times
    can anyone help and tell me what happen to Pangu lastest version
    thanks in advcance

Livin' the SPIDEY Life SpiderManAPV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_gxh View Post
    I Jailbreak my iPhone 5 yesterday with pangu lastest V 1.2.0
    install sources and packages . after that when to power off and on again
    phone stuck at Apple logo .
    need to restore back to 8.1
    total i restore my phone for 5 times
    can anyone help and tell me what happen to Pangu lastest version
    thanks in advcance
    What packages? That makes all the difference.

......beware......
    Just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

Those like ifile , winterboard that need to reboot device

If i reinstall Cydia Installer it will be ok ( can reboot device )

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    ran the 1.2 jailbreak today. First time I ran it, it timed out. Second time I ran it, it was successful!!!! Phone booted up this time

i'm using windown 7 ultimate x64 and i have no issue. jailbreaking had no problems. you guys need to update your windows that's all. i love pangu because it is easy to use.

Lol, I just updated my ipad 4th gen to 8.1 from jailbroken ios 7... Didn't read pangu wasn't compatible with this ipad model. FAIL Oh well, at least its just my ipad and not my iphone

Since updating to iOS 8.1 and jailbreaking with the latest Pangu tools, the battery life on my iPhone 6 is bad. In 8 hours my battery went from 100% to 48% with minimal use. I turned off location services for the majority of apps, same with background refresh, brightness, etc. I don't have many Cydia apps installed (since none of my purchased apps are iOS 8 compatible) so not sure what is causing the problem.

A jailbreak from China? If I wanted to be spied on, I'd get an Android phone. I think I'll pass.

I am trying to restore my iPad mini is then to re-jailbreak it with the newest version of Pangu but with the previous Pangu app I can no longer connect my mini to my pc. My iPhone has no problems connecting and it is running the same version of Pangu.

Ios 8.1 and latest version of iTunes. I have done all the troubleshooting I have found online and nothing seems to work.

The mini shows up in iTunes via wifi connection but when I plug in with the usb I don't even hear a connection tone. I have rebooted EVERYTHING and still nothing.

Any ideas???

I just installed Pangu for iOS 8.1 on my Mac for my iPhone 5 and I can't figure out how to find and download tweaks. When I search for them they don't show up on Cydia.
    I was specifically searching for
    SBFlip
    ConvoPics
    Vine++

Any ideas of what I did wrong or didn't do?
    I can't wait to start downloading tweaks but currently I can't!

Quote Originally Posted by toyhaulerobs View Post
    I am trying to restore my iPad mini is then to re-jailbreak it with the newest version of Pangu but with the previous Pangu app I can no longer connect my mini to my pc. My iPhone has no problems connecting and it is running the same version of Pangu.

Ios 8.1 and latest version of iTunes. I have done all the troubleshooting I have found online and nothing seems to work.

The mini shows up in iTunes via wifi connection but when I plug in with the usb I don't even hear a connection tone. I have rebooted EVERYTHING and still nothing.

Any ideas???
    After everything I tried, the one thing I haven't tried because everything said not to do it, DFU mode worked and installed device driver. Where it went is beyond me. No I can update to the latest Pangu software and re jailbreak.

Is updating my iPad Air from 7.1.2 jb to 8.1 jb worth it or what?? Hearing people having problems with battery life and so on. Wanting to also jb my iPhone 6 plus also but just sketchy on if it's not all that stable and what not??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anon9mouz View Post
    Is updating my iPad Air from 7.1.2 jb to 8.1 jb worth it or what?? Hearing people having problems with battery life and so on. Wanting to also jb my iPhone 6 plus also but just sketchy on if it's not all that stable and what not??
    If you're jailbroken on 7.1 there shouldn't be any difference in battery loss. As for stability I haven't heard any issues in that regard since .03 I believe so you should be fine.

......beware......

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Anon9mouz (2014-11-10)

Quote Originally Posted by SpidermanAPV View Post
    If you're jailbroken on 7.1 there shouldn't be any difference in battery loss. As for stability I haven't heard any issues in that regard since .03 I believe so you should be fine.
    Yea I was reading couple post back guy was having battery issues on his iPhone 6. And what's the best step to take on my iPad just restore to 8.1 from 7.1.2 then jb it?? Thanks for the help too by the way

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Anon9mouz For This Useful Post:

SpiderManAPV (2014-11-10)

Thanks

Yea I was reading couple post back guy was having battery issues on his iPhone 6. And what's the best step to take on my iPad just restore to 8.1 from 7.1.2 then jb it?? Thanks for the help too by the way
    Any time . Glad to give a helping hand. If you're referring to the post I'm thinking of, it was location services draining the battery not the jailbreak itself.

As for restoring it's always best to do a clean DFU restore, but that's more precaution than necessity. I would still advise it, however, because it tends to reduce issues down the road.

......beware......

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Anon9mouz (2014-11-10)

Any time . Glad to give a helping hand. If you're referring to the post I'm thinking of, it was location services draining the battery not the jailbreak itself.

As for restoring it's always best to do a clean DFU restore, but that's more precaution than necessity. I would still advise it, however, because it tends to reduce issues down the road.
    So clean DFU restore is iTunes downloading 8.1 and installing it correct. I'm still trying to get all the way familiar with iPhone. I used to be an android junking making Roms and such but now ima Apple guy

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Anon9mouz For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So clean DFU restore is iTunes downloading 8.1 and installing it correct. I'm still trying to get all the way familiar with iPhone. I used to be an android junking making Roms and such but now ima Apple guy
    Have iTunes download the iOS version, but don't install it yet. Once it finishes downloading, make sure your device is plugged into the computer and turn it off. Then press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. Without letting go of the power button press and hold the home button. After 10 more seconds let go of the power button, but keep pressing the home button until iTunes says it found a device in recovery mode. At that point install the new iOS. Whether or not you setup as new or restore from backup is up to you. To be safe I setup as new, but others have reported no issues, so it just depends.

......beware......

22. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

Anon9mouz (2014-11-10)

Have iTunes download the iOS version, but don't install it yet. Once it finishes downloading, make sure your device is plugged into the computer and turn it off. Then press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. Without letting go of the power button press and hold the home button. After 10 more seconds let go of the power button, but keep pressing the home button until iTunes says it found a device in recovery mode. At that point install the new iOS. Whether or not you setup as new or restore from backup is up to you. To be safe I setup as new, but others have reported no issues, so it just depends.
    Ah ok nice ok I didn't know doing that was a clean install. Ok thanks for letting me know that. I hate being a noob lol.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Anon9mouz For This Useful Post:

I followed the instructions given and I thought my iphone6 was working fine after the jailbreak. The back of the phone seems to get hot and then I noticed the battery got drained pretty quick so I decided to turn it off. Now I am stuck at the apple logo and it's been like that for quite some time. How do I get out of there? Help....

Thanks

Ah ok nice ok I didn't know doing that was a clean install. Ok thanks for letting me know that. I hate being a noob lol.
    Hey, we all start somewhere right?

Quote Originally Posted by aijay View Post
    I followed the instructions given and I thought my iphone6 was working fine after the jailbreak. The back of the phone seems to get hot and then I noticed the battery got drained pretty quick so I decided to turn it off. Now I am stuck at the apple logo and it's been like that for quite some time. How do I get out of there? Help....
    A few posts above this I listed instructions on a DFU restore. The only changes are once it's plugged into a computer skip the power button step and just hold both buttons 3 seconds longer.

......beware......

27. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiderManAPV For This Useful Post:

aijay (2014-11-10)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast