Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: very poor WiFi reception (Iphone4)

Default very poor WiFi reception (Iphone4)
    Evening:

For about 1.5 years I've had exremely poor WiFi reception on my Iphone4 3G. One day it quit working,(was working great the evening prior) then the next day it would work only if within 10 ft. of router. (That's public or private hotspots) Sometimes, it takes 5 mins or more just to connect, even when within 10 ft. Right now, the router antenna is about 7-8 over my head and I'm getting nothing. I've tightened the screw @ top-middle of antenna, did resets (both soft and hard) and made sure interior antenna isn't broken. I really need some help/advice. I've done just about everything(within reason) I can find on the "net" and nothing has helped. [model MD439LL- version6.0.1 (10A523) ] Also, have some phantom useage issues. It's using about 600Mb that I cannot find/account for. Sure hope I can get some positive input/ help here.
    Thanx:
    Rick

addendum to post: I'm not sure how the header "What's jalibreak" got there, but I'm seeking an answer to POOR WIFI RECEPTION. I'll look for appropriate forum for the phantom useage issue.