Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Changed a screen on a customers 4S and now rear camera freezes

Default Changed a screen on a customers 4S and now rear camera freezes
    To add insult to injury, I had my girlfriends same phone handy so I tried swapping her camera to it to see if this resolves it since the customer was waiting. Not only did it not fix it, but now my GF's phone is have the exact same issue. A little research is showing this is a common issue on the 4 but I have yet to find any solutions.

For what it's worth the flashlight doesn't work either and the front camera works if you kill the app in multitasking the reopen the front camera. But if you just open the camera and try to take a pick then you can switch to the front, it's just froze.

HELP!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Feeling your pain. I have heard of this, but never ever heard of a solution. I, as I'm sure you did, searched Google and the results point to the logic board, but not specific. Hope you figure it out and post a solution.

Found this also.
    The solution seems to be changing the cameras where need be.

My idea of the cause is that during the installation process, the on/off button is getting pressed and switching the unit on. Obviously you won't see this as the screen is off so you wouldn't know it. If this is the case then connecting the new LCD in this state may be frying the camera or it could even be a result of shorting the back plate of the camera against something live.

Anyway, that's the only thing i can think of as like everyone else, i am extremely careful when prying up the board to remove the digitizer clip
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2014-08-21 at 04:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Feeling your pain. I have heard of this, but never ever heard of a solution. I, as I'm sure you did, searched Google and the results point to the logic board, but not specific. Hope you figure it out and post a solution.

Found this also.
    I actually found the issue. I tried deleting this thread but it would not let me. There is a tiny I mean TINY capacitor that I was only barely able to see with a 10x loupe. I must have damaged it when I was prying the camera plug up. Guess I'm screwed...on 2 phones now. FML

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Replace the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Replace the boards.
    Yes, that is the easy answer to the expensive fix.

Old thread but this happened to me too. Luckily mine was still in warranty and apple replaced it. The "genius" wasn't very genius. The little component is tiny and very easy to damage!