Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPHONE 4S wont turn on unless plugged in - apple logo loop

Default IPHONE 4S wont turn on unless plugged in - apple logo loop
    Hey guys,

I had an IPhone 4S brought to me today. It had a cracked screen and back. The phone is completely dead. When you plug it in the apple logo comes up and goes off repeatedly. When you pull the charger out the screen automatically goes off. I've tried DFU and everything. Even put the mobo in a different 4S chassis, still nothing. Anyone had this problem? Is it a software issue?

Will it show up on a CPU, with I tunes just wondering

it will if put in dfu but then i just get an error when downloading. I just got a iphone 4 with the same problem today... it appears that both of the phones have been repaired by someone beforehand

I had a similar prob some ribbon was cut internally just gave up left it at the place they used for parts and I didn't have to pay for parts or labor and the phone was given to me so no loss

It was when the owner tried to replace the screen

I had an iphone 4 with that same exact problem. I thought the battery was bad but that didn't fix it. I tried dfu mode restore and it threw an error code at the very end. the issue was that the phone couldn't detect the battery so it doesn't power on and also it wouldn't finish the restore with no battery. Know how i fixed it? i took a hair blow dryer to the mainboard and did somewhat of a reflow. the phone smelled like melted plastic after 2-3 mins of the heat aimed at the mainboard. The phone turned on without a cable and a restore worked.