Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Show Off Your iPhone

LOL ^^

And alright thanks!! ill try looking for some, i found one at swbox but it had a white apple pattern on the back, wondering if it wud come in gold?!?

Do you get any issues with the front camera not working or getting stuck after the screen conversion? i've seen issues that the front camera stopped working after screen replacements. pls confirm this. Thanks

I have never had a problem with the million I have done

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

I've done 4 or 5 now and never had front camera issues.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I had 2 front camera issues. lucky for me it was on mine and my sisters phones . I must have hit it wrong when replacing the screens on them. simple fix tho. i just replaced the front camera and all was good

Cowboy: Or anyone else who wants to chime in. I repair alot of iPhones in my area and now I have to compete with people who I think are jumping on the bandwagon. Do you guys have this problem in your area? Also, when you guys replace a screen do you take out the 6 screws with washers on each side or do you just loosen them enough to pop the screen out and replace? What do you guys use for your repairs (tools, table, setup)

No matter where you live there will be people competing. I take the screws completely out. As for tools and stuff I got a nice small magnetic screw driver kit from a local hardware shop

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-10-12)

Quote Originally Posted by GaN-MaN View Post
    Hahaha. nice bro. wasnt a big fan of the full purple screen so i gave mine to my cousin, but that middle plate looks sick.

Here's a few more mods i've got i posted on Twitter.

Transparent White with White Middle Plate.

Dark Blue with Gold Middle Plate.

Black with Metallic Blue Middle Plate.

Red with 24 carat gold middle plate.

I purchased a white frame a while back and just haven't gotten around to making one. Your pictures prove my hunch right, it looks GOOOOOOOD with a white frame.... Nice job. That Blue Mirror Frame is always a winner, looks Great too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    No matter where you live there will be people competing. I take the screws completely out. As for tools and stuff I got a nice small magnetic screw driver kit from a local hardware shop

If you are going to have someone else do your screen replacement, make sure they know what they are doing...... Cowboy, GaN-MaN, and some others on here are AWESOME!! It is worth it to ship your phone to them or someone that is truely trustworthy. A friend of mine had someone at a local mall swap his and they screwed it all up!! Didn't even re-install all of the internal screws. Took a week to repair all of the damage they did to his brand new phone. Let a PRO take care of it for you, don't take any chances.
    Last edited by Greatbiguns; 2011-10-11 at 06:15 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Greatbiguns For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-10-12)

Did green conversion to my friends iPhone the other day. Looked so sick. Wish I took pictures. Next time
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Did green conversion to my friends iPhone the other day. Looked so sick. Wish I took pictures. Next time
    I don't believe you with out pics :P

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-10-12)

Lol next time. Once I find a clear digi and back with purple I'll show pics. . Trying ti find someone local
    Dude T.M.I

iGan, Themer/Modder/Tweaker GaN-MaN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 899 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iphone_Reloaded View Post
    Do you get any issues with the front camera not working or getting stuck after the screen conversion? i've seen issues that the front camera stopped working after screen replacements. pls confirm this. Thanks
    Nope. never had a single problem with the front camera and i've done 100's of screen changes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheArnettie View Post
    Cowboy: Or anyone else who wants to chime in. I repair alot of iPhones in my area and now I have to compete with people who I think are jumping on the bandwagon. Do you guys have this problem in your area? Also, when you guys replace a screen do you take out the 6 screws with washers on each side or do you just loosen them enough to pop the screen out and replace? What do you guys use for your repairs (tools, table, setup)
    Well im working for the largest unofficial mobile phone technicians in the country so we dont have much competition. I dont take them out. just loosen it a couple of turns. Those washers are really annoying. lol. Tools, i use Snap-On Tools for my work, a #000 or #00 (number's rubbed off the screwdriver, lol) phillips screwdriver, a #2.0mm flat head screwdriver for that one top screw holding down the board at the top, SIM Eject Tool, and a small opening tool, then there's the Pentagonal screw driver too. almost forgot. Any table will do but i work on a white surface. For my setup i just put the screws and components as they come out and together.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatbiguns View Post
    I purchased a white frame a while back and just haven't gotten around to making one. Your pictures prove my hunch right, it looks GOOOOOOOD with a white frame.... Nice job. That Blue Mirror Frame is always a winner, looks Great too!!

If you are going to have someone else do your screen replacement, make sure they know what they are doing...... Cowboy, GaN-MaN, and some others on here are AWESOME!! It is worth it to ship your phone to them or someone that is truely trustworthy. A friend of mine had someone at a local mall swap his and they screwed it all up!! Didn't even re-install all of the internal screws. Took a week to repair all of the damage they did to his brand new phone. Let a PRO take care of it for you, don't take any chances.
    hahaha. thanks. i think it looks good too.

Thanks, i've been in the mobile phone technician business for about 5 years now so i've got more than enough experience in that field.

Lol next time. Once I find a clear digi and back with purple I'll show pics. . Trying ti find someone local
    Lol. That's what my girls rocking now. i got it for free from my supplier as a gift. lol. what a nice guy. She's using it with a Red Plated Middle Plate. Will get some pics up soon.

My iPhone is a Part of Me lillewis51's Avatar
    Thanks

just finished my pink iphone4 well almost i have a mirror purple midplate on the way and im putting a "save the tatas" decal on the back. and its my homescreen
    -photo.png

-img_0564.jpg-img_0565.jpg-img_0566.jpg

i apologize for the quality... stupid blackberry

iGan, Themer/Modder/Tweaker GaN-MaN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,015 Times in 899 Posts

Here's the pics of the Transparent Purple with Red Middle Plate

Quote Originally Posted by GaN-MaN View Post
    Here's the pics of the Transparent Purple with Red Middle Plate

Lings phone?
    Dude T.M.I

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

GaN-MaN (2011-10-13)

Default Verizon iPhone- Green Face-Backplates with White Chassis and White home button
    Just finished this for a friend of mine...
    Looks really good, now I have to try on an AT&T so I can put a matching Green or White Frame

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Anyone have an all gray one? If I get a 4S in the coming months, I'm looking to convert it to a gray faceplate and backplate. I'm looking for the OEM glass finish though, but in gray, but can't seem to find one. Anyone know who sells them? I've checked E Case Shop and SW Box, but nothing. I'd need the display assembly too.

I've never seen a gray one, the closest thing (and its not that close) that I have seen is that silver chrome mirror set.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Nopstnz8's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah definitely don't want chrome. Just hoping for a painted gray that looks OEM finish with matching backplate, front panel, and button. Hopefully someone comes out with one soon, but I'm in no rush, because I don't even have an iPhone 4 or 4S

Do you guys ever run into the issue where after you replace a screen the home button is 'sunk' into the screen and is not flush with the glass? How do you fix it if you run into this problem? What causes this problem?

Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast