Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g Black screen?????

Default Iphone 3g Black screen?????
    Hope this is in the right place, I think it might be a ribbon ploblem but honestly don't know.

Iphone 3G 8GB 4.0.1 Jailbroken with jailbreakme.com unlocked with ultrasn0w.

Phone was working fine, put it in my pocket, took it out and looked like the battery had died (it was low). Got home and put it on charge and nothing, no life at all. Left it for half an hour, still nothing.

Plugged into itunes "itunes has found an iphone in recovery mode" but still no activity on the screen.

so I done the update to my saved 4.0.1, all went fine but at the end after the "the recovery was successful" message I get the "itunes has found an iphone in recovery mode" again. Still no activity on the screen.

I have done this about 5 or 6 times and just keeps saying the same thing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You seem to have a battery issue and a LCD display screen issue.

Two things can fix the LCD display if it is still functioning. First Reset, hold both Home and Power buttons until the screen turns ON. If that does not work, then carefully reseat to Logic Board Flex Cable #1, the LCD display flex cable.

Your Recovery Mode Loop could possibly be fixed with program TinyUmbrella, open TinyUmbrella, select iPhone, click Exit Recovery button. If this does not work then could be battery not being able to support Restore Mode through to the end.

Black Screen is still confusing in all this confusion. Unless your iPhone is really stuck in a DFU Mode Loop however, which will have a black screen.

Start with the Reset, of holding both Home and Power buttons. This will do two things on a normal iPhone, it will turn ON Black Screen and it will Exit DFU Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    You seem to have a battery issue and a LCD display screen issue.

Two things can fix the LCD display if it is still functioning. First Reset, hold both Home and Power buttons until the screen turns ON. If that does not work, then carefully reseat to Logic Board Flex Cable #1, the LCD display flex cable.

Your Recovery Mode Loop could possibly be fixed with program TinyUmbrella, open TinyUmbrella, select iPhone, click Exit Recovery button. If this does not work then could be battery not being able to support Restore Mode through to the end.

Black Screen is still confusing in all this confusion. Unless your iPhone is really stuck in a DFU Mode Loop however, which will have a black screen.

Start with the Reset, of holding both Home and Power buttons. This will do two things on a normal iPhone, it will turn ON Black Screen and it will Exit DFU Mode.
    Iv tried all of that, just opened the phone and component 1 is disconnected and component 4 looks like its not in all the way although its not loose and I dont seem to be able to push it back in with ease, also component 1 wont reconnect.... any hints?