Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Headphones warranty question

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Headphones warranty question
    Hey guys. Well I bought my iPhone 3G about 5-7 months ago. I recently bought an iPhone 4 a few months later, and sold my 3G to my sister. I gave her the new i4 headphones and kept my original 3G ones.

The problem: they have went faulty. The right one is very poor quality, like a crackling sound. I have done some research and apparently the headphones are covered under the one year warranty. So my question is: can I take these headphones to apple (the 3G ones), and show my receipt for my iPhone 4, and get them replaced? Or do I need to bring back the 3G since that's what they came with?

Also, will I have to show them my iPhone so they can scan it or anything? (it's jailbroken ofcourse, and they would tell instantly because of my lockscreen theme lol). Also I jailbroke my 3G too for my sister, so I can't really show them that device either. Even though it's legal, it still voids the warranty right?

Hope you guys can help me out. If I can't get them replaced, I guess I'll buy new ones from eBay or something lol. Thanks in advance!

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Honestly i dont think you will need your phone or receipt. They replace so many they will probably look at them for a second and swap them no problem..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Most you will need is the phone.
    iRepair Indy