Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clicking sound from Iphone 4 home button.

Default Clicking sound from Iphone 4 home button.
    Just got a iphone 4 replacement, and everything is working, but the home button makes a weird clicky, creaky, sound when I move it up and down. Like its loose. But it works great, its just a little annoying.

My last iphone didn't do this so I'm wondering is this something to worry about because some people have this and some dont. Or could it be I have to spend a few months to wear it down, idk?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Mine isnt loose. Not sure if it will be a problem for you though if it is working fine.

Yea my original iphone didnt do that either. I live kind of far from the apple store, and thats like my 2nd replacement with that issue. I'm wondering if thats just something common, or should I just have apple ship me a replacement, but I dont want to get a 5k refurb when I just bought this one.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Ya not sure, maybe someone else will chime in about how their home button is.

yea, I'm guessing this is just something common not worry about, idk,I would think all replacement phones are new, or have come straight from the apple factory. I have a outterbox on it as well, and that pretty much stops it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT1987 View Post
    Yea my original iphone didnt do that either. I live kind of far from the apple store, and thats like my 2nd replacement with that issue. I'm wondering if thats just something common, or should I just have apple ship me a replacement, but I dont want to get a 5k refurb when I just bought this one.
    So..... You didn't test it before u left? Lol. If it's your 2nd time with the same prob.
    iRepair Indy

yea I should have made sure. The guy at the genius was giving me such a hard time trying to give me a 5k model and telling me that a 5k is not a refurb lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT1987 View Post
    yea I should have made sure. The guy at the genius was giving me such a hard time trying to give me a 5k model and telling me that a 5k is not a refurb lol.
    Lol really? Thy are not suppose to give out refirbs at all
    iRepair Indy

Yea, he was telling me that a 5k comes from a apple factory, and its not a refurb, and was telling me all the phones in the back tray start with 5k.

Can you post something, or provide me with some proof so when I take off of work I can the genius bar? He was really hammering that it was not a refurb.

And I don't mind the refurb or nothing, its just I just recently bought this from radio shack, and they are currently out of stock, so I was stuck going to apple. I mean who wants to buy a new product, just to get a refurb in the end lol?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I have a new one and it definitely doesn't make any sound. It sounds like someone at the store is trying to get over on you. I would go back and try to speak to someone else and get what you paid for.

nine clicks I think your fine...

Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    nine clicks I think your fine...

It does? Mine does it when I move up and down, why do some click and some dont?

When I press down on my home button it makes a click.

No need to worry!

Quote Originally Posted by lol_release View Post
    When I press down on my home button it makes a click.

No need to worry!
    I mean without pressing down, if I move it with my thumb it makes the sound.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

my make the same noise...

Was anyone able to find a fix at home for this issue or did they just end up taking it to the Apple store? My phone recently started doing this, and it absolutely kills me! lol. If I can't fix it in the next week or so, I'll probably just take it in to get replaced because things can only get worse from here.