Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dont know what to do?!

Default Dont know what to do?!
    Well my Iphone 3g had a crackd screen I fixed that but I put it back together and it worked! BUT the home button didnt work so i opened it again and didnt know what to do so i put it back together. But now the screen wont turn on. I checked the 3 cords that go in but nothing. My phone is still on tho. It goes off when someone calls. but no picture. Help please =)

Quote Originally Posted by umaar View Post
    Well my Iphone 3g had a crackd screen I fixed that but I put it back together and it worked! BUT the home button didnt work so i opened it again and didnt know what to do so i put it back together. But now the screen wont turn on. I checked the 3 cords that go in but nothing. My phone is still on tho. It goes off when someone calls. but no picture. Help please =)
    triple check the Ribbens make sure there is no rips do a restore and see if that fixs the problem

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

umaar (2010-11-16)

my phone as working 100% before i changed the screens.

do you really think restoring it will fix the problem? cause if just a guess id rather take it to a professional.
    Last edited by umaar; 2010-11-16 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If you question me when i am trying to help then i wont, and you will be stuck with a broken device. Do the dang restore and let me know what happens. You actually have to trouble shoot the problem to slim down the possibilities. And yes restoring may turn your screen back on. Almost all phones that have replaced the screen on i had to restore to show an image.

Oh and i am not a professional just really good at what i do!
    Last edited by Cowboy; 2010-11-16 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Oh I didnt want you to take it the wrong way my parents have been getting on my nuts about it. Alright ill try restoring it when i get home.

Oh I didnt want you to take it the wrong way my parents have been getting on my nuts about it. Alright ill try restoring it when i get home.
    Ok let me know what happens and we will go from there I want trying to point my anger just towards you it just gets on my nerves I guess when there is tons of ( no offense) newbs that ask for help. then when you try to help they question you. It just at times gets frustrating

Well something weird happened i left my phone home the whole day and it works!!!! =( but the home button still doesnt work.

Well something weird happened i left my phone home the whole day and it works!!!! =( but the home button still doesnt work.
    Did you break the pins on the home button

I might have when I opened it.

I might have when I opened it.
    Ok I would check to see if the two pins are missing or bent weird that's probably the problem

crap..there missing

problem solved replace the home button

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    problem solved replace the home button
    Only problem with that is he has to take the screen off again.. lol

Just be careful man and take the screen off slowly... It's way easier to take off with the new double sided tape on it.. Should be able to pry it off and still use the tape over again.

true just use a blow dryer and heat it up

Well im not opening it up agai lol. I took it to the shop and they said $55 to replace it. Is that normal?

Well im not opening it up agai lol. I took it to the shop and they said $55 to replace it. Is that normal?
    I would say 30-35 is normal

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'd say that's a far price.. I charge $50 because 90% of the time you need to replace the digitizer also.. but you can save yourself $55 by just taking the screen off again. If it breaks.. then get it fixed at the shop.