Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS blackscreen

Unhappy 3GS blackscreen
    Hi guys i have a major problem on my 3GS.I was on a phone call and all at once my screen went completely back,the phone is perfectely working on all the other function but there is no light so i cannot use it.Is there anyone can help me with a solution?
    I tried to restore to 4.1,and other software with no success. Is there someone who may know what happent and if there is a solution........PLEASE HELP ineed my phone back to normal
    CELE Jersey Channel Island
    Iphone 3GS
    IPad 3.2.2
    IMac 24 inch

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

You problem is the lcd screen light burned out or there is a short circuit somewhere.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iYeow For This Useful Post:

cele (2010-11-14)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yeow202 View Post
    You problem is the lcd screen light burned out or there is a short circuit somewhere.
    I would have to agree.

But I want to add something.

If your phone still works connect it to iTunes and get the serial number of your iPhone. Once you have the serial number enter it here. https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

The serial number is also on your sim card TRAY

If you are lucky and you have an Apple Store near you and your "Service and Repair Coverage" is still Active.. then they will fix it for you for free.

If you don't have a store near you.. I'd just buy a new 3GS LCD off ebay for $25 and see if that works.