Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G turns off randomly

Default iPhone 3G turns off randomly
    Hi! This is my first post, so be nice. So first of all, i had my iPhone. Then after 1 year, it goes on repair, after me trying to change the back cover (which worked great, until i had to screw it back again). After i got it back, there was something loose inside the iPhone, but after 2 weeks, the loose "part" got stuck inside. Then after 4 weeks, something strange happened. The iPhones battery got weaker and weaker, and it started turning off randomly. Before calls, after calls, in apps etc. I searched whole Google, finding similar problems, but no REAL answers. So my last chance is here.

So do anyone know about a fix, or something that would help ??

Yeah, i forgot to mention. I had OS 4.0 with Redsn0w jaibreak before and after the repair. Now after the problems came, i changed to 3.1.3 (with redsn0w), but it did'nt work
    Last edited by crispy345; 2010-11-12 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Disassemble and reassemble, making sure all parts are secured and no loose parts. If you've got missing screws, secure parts that need it the most. And buy new screws

Aside from that, if it doesn't help, get a new battery. Perhaps it's just a dying battery.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

crispy345 (2010-11-13)

no, i cant open my iphone no more, as my father would kill me

yes, it may be the battery, but it was working fine before the repair ?

i have read some post on the internet, people have been getiing these problems after upgrading to ios 4, but i had ios 4 before the repair and it was working fine, maybe the man who repaired my iphone, swapped batteries, and took mine ??

anyways, i have no guarantee no more, so i might ask my uncle (whick know a lot about electronics) if he could install a fresh new unused battery.

but are you sure there isent a software issue??

ive used around 110 bucks to fix my iphone, but i have always enough money to a new batt.

iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crispy345 View Post
    no, i cant open my iphone no more, as my father would kill me

yes, it may be the battery, but it was working fine before the repair ?

i have read some post on the internet, people have been getiing these problems after upgrading to ios 4, but i had ios 4 before the repair and it was working fine, maybe the man who repaired my iphone, swapped batteries, and took mine ??

anyways, i have no guarantee no more, so i might ask my uncle (whick know a lot about electronics) if he could install a fresh new unused battery.

but are you sure there isent a software issue??

ive used around 110 bucks to fix my iphone, but i have always enough money to a new batt.
    You restored it and the problem persisted
    thats not software