Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS home button not working after water damaged

Default 3GS home button not working after water damaged
    I have a 3gs being damage by water, After dried out by removing every things and even replaced the whole screen assembly and speaker module now the home button was not working at all. Is there any app I can use to overcome the home button function?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Try getting some 100% isopropyl alcohol (or close to it, nothing under 95% though) and setting the screen where the home button is attached in it for 15 minutes. Then let it dry out (if you've got rice, put the screen in there for a day). Then try putting the screen back on and try again. The alcohol should wipe out any left over minerals from the water that could be causing corrosion or blockage to home button function. If that fails, buy a new glass

Edit: I meant buy a new home button not glass
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-11-12 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by puma.leaf View Post
    Try getting some 100% isopropyl alcohol (or close to it, nothing under 95% though) and setting the screen where the home button is attached in it for 15 minutes. Then let it dry out (if you've got rice, put the screen in there for a day). Then try putting the screen back on and try again. The alcohol should wipe out any left over minerals from the water that could be causing corrosion or blockage to home button function. If that fails, buy a new glass

Edit: I meant buy a new home button not glass
    It's either a bad home button or a bad connection on the dock port (which can also be replaced - very cheaply on ebay)