Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HUGE Problem iPhone 4 White Swap

Livin the iPhone Life Bernie-Mac's Avatar
    Thanks

Default HUGE Problem iPhone 4 White Swap
    Ok so I ordered the swap kit from zeetron to change my iphone 4 to white. I completed the change and all i had to do left was screw the metal panels over the camera area and snap the back plate in place. Before doing both of those I turned the phone on and everything was working fine. SO i then turned it off, screwed the plate on and snapped the back plate on. I turned the phone on the the lcd was damaged, apparently i screwed one of them in too tight and it pressured the lcd from the back because the screen is garbleled with a deep circle in the corner. Is there any way i can like peel the lcd off the black front i have and put it on the white one? I'm desperate at this point lol
    iLive an iLife

Yeah that sucks man... But honestly probably not you can try to use a heat gun to melt the glue and go really slow but the odds of you being successful is slim to none. You have a better chance of becoming ceo of apple. Your best bet is just to get a new lcd. Sorry for the tough luck man

yeah all ive read is that the front part is all fused together.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

A new lcd screen is what you need.

The camera cover has one long screw which u probably inserted into a hole for the small screw. Ifixit's guide had a big warning about this so i guess it's happened to a lot of people. But yea, I would get a new front assembly

You have to replace the entire front assembly again.