Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Good price for White front for iPhone 4?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Good price for White front for iPhone 4?
    There is a local store here that does the white conversions. I called them yesterday to ask about doing just the fron since i hav already ordered the back. They told me thet would do the swap parts and all , including home button for for $164. I just wanted to ge you guys thoughts on if that was a good price or not. thanks guys

considering its a fused lcd lcd+digitizer in 1 part no way around just the glass its a good price little high but considering the ordeal the iphone 4 is to disassemble do they offer you a guarantee cuz ur apple warranty is done when u swap it

Thanks

They offer a 60 day warranty and I talked to the owner and told h the only thing keeping me from doing it was the fact that I would have no warranty. He told me that if I ever needed to to take it back to apple they would swap it back and he also said that the tamper stickers over the screws and such were not a problem and they would remain ok

Well are they going to keep the black LCD after the replacement? That's important because it's a $100 LCD, u can sell on eBay.

Thanks

They usually keep the black parts but I told them I need them back for spars and he told me it would be a problem that we could work something out. I have seen front displays on eBay for 100$ but I'm just wondering if it's worth the extra money to let them do it all...

Thanks

So would you guys try the install your self or let the store do it? Also the problem I'm having is I dint knownof a good cheap place to get the front display. Any help on that would be great too

$149 is the cheapest I could find for the front (excluding eBay), and I have done a lot of research while I was looking for parts for myself. If you've never opened an iphone, I wouldn't suggest doing it yourself. Could take about 2 hours and aligning the parts is very hard, especially the buttons. $164 is good if u get to keep the black parts.

Thanks

Yeah I found some on eBay for 99 but with no home button . I have opened some iPhones before and know how much of a bit*c they can be so I guess I'll start saving my pennies bc I think the white one is co just for the fact it's different