Results 1 to 8 of 8

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Ordered replacement Mainboard for iPhone 2G. Received this:

  1. #1
    Default Ordered replacement Mainboard for iPhone 2G. Received this:
    I wanted to replace the Mainboard of my iPhone 2G so I ordered one on eBay. It said iPhone 2G Logic Board, Jailbroken and Unlocked.
    That was what I needed so I didn't pay much attention to the picture.


    So I received that board.
    But soon I realized that this board doesn't have the battery connection and the antenna cable connections..

    Board next to my original:

    (Right one is the original)

    How can I connect the battery wires and antenna?
    Help?
    Last edited by conspiracy; 2010-11-08 at 06:38 PM.

  2. #2
    They are two seperate units, sat on top of each other I believe. If you ever get the 2g apart (they were built like tanks - never tried myself)you should be alble to see this - read the ifixit tear down

    iPhone 1st Generation Repair Manual - iFixit
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    They are two seperate units, sat on top of each other I believe. If you ever get the 2g apart (they were built like tanks - never tried myself)you should be alble to see this - read the ifixit tear down

    iPhone 1st Generation Repair Manual - iFixit
    Fixed the second image.
    I can open the iPhone 2G with no problem. I know the guides.
    That is not the problem.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    san antonio, tx
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by conspiracy View Post
    Fixed the second image.
    I can open the iPhone 2G with no problem. I know the guides.
    That is not the problem.
    Maybe check the guides again
    the communication board sat on top of the logic board
    the battery is soldered to the comm board, and obviously the antenna would attach as well
    you still have the two attached in that pic

  5. #5
    Yes, I came to that conclusion too.
    Stupid me

    I had the problem with my iPhone 2G that it is not responding.
    When I disconnect the battery and I plug it in I get the apple logo.
    But thats it.

    And this problem isn't solved by replacing the logic board
    Seems like I need the Comm Board.

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    san antonio, tx
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts

    what happens with the battery connected and the phone plugged in
    are they designed to work separately?
    on my iphone 3G i got the same result with it plugged in and no battery was in the case

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dale2 View Post
    what happens with the battery connected and the phone plugged in
    are they designed to work separately?
    on my iphone 3G i got the same result with it plugged in and no battery was in the case
    When the battery is connected and I plug it in, the iPhone does not respond.
    I only get response when the battery is disconnected.

    Someone told me to connect the red wire to the black connection point and the black wire to the red connection point because it could maybe be some bad batteries. But I ordered 2 so that can't be the problem.
    BUT when I do this and I plug the power in, the battery charge icon appears! But it won't charge and the iPhone won't respond to anything else.


    I tried:
    - replace battery
    - replace flexcable
    - replace logic board

    So the only thing left is the CommBoard I guess?

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone dale2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    san antonio, tx
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by conspiracy View Post
    When the battery is connected and I plug it in, the iPhone does not respond.
    I only get response when the battery is disconnected.

    Someone told me to connect the red wire to the black connection point and the black wire to the red connection point because it could maybe be some bad batteries. But I ordered 2 so that can't be the problem.
    BUT when I do this and I plug the power in, the battery charge icon appears! But it won't charge and the iPhone won't respond to anything else.


    I tried:
    - replace battery
    - replace flexcable
    - replace logic board

    So the only thing left is the CommBoard I guess?
    you've pretty much built a new iphone 2G at this point
    why not get a new one?
    lol jk

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •