Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SIM reader problem?

Default SIM reader problem?
    I've got an iPhone 3G that has a weird issue. It will recognize some SIM cards and not others. I jailbroke and unlocked it and it worked for a while, but an update to a program borked it and I had to redo the jailbreak. After that, my TMobile SIM no longer worked. Since then I've restored and re-unlocked multiple times. Most recently I used PwnageTool to move to 4.1 and for about a day my TMo SIM worked again, then it went back to the "No SIM" message and doesn't even flinch when I put my SIM in.

On the other hand, my friend's TMo SIM works fine. My wife's doesn't. Two friends' AT&T SIM cards work. Two others don't.

Does this sound like a SIM reader problem that could be fixed by replacing that part or is it something else you think?

SOunds to me like the parts just need to be replaced there like 5 bucks but its a pain to the repair your self

Quote Originally Posted by westerman View Post
    SOunds to me like the parts just need to be replaced there like 5 bucks but its a pain to the repair your self
    Everything looks easy except the soldering stuff. I hate that crap. I don't have a soldering iron and my level of expertise with it is zero.

ya its hard i would find a shop to do it