Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS battery

Default 3GS battery
    I have a 3GS that is jailbroken and unlocked using t-mobile. The 3G, bluetooth, and all the other stuff is turned off. I have no data plan and use wifi to get online.

The battery dies very quickly, much faster than a 3G under the same circumstances.

1. Will changing the battery help?

2. What is the best battery to get?

Thanks
    Chris

If you really thank that it's your battery just losing it's power than I would just replace it with an oem one you can get one off eBay any were between 5-20 bucks shipped. It's really just a battery you can't go to wrong with any of then just make sure it's a 3GS battery not a 3G battery. Yes there different. Pm me if you have any other questions

So I should get a 1219 mAh battery, not one of the 1400's? I even saw a 1600 for sale.

Also when I taken everything apart to replace the battery does my photo lose all it's info? Is there a backup battery

Thanks

U shouldn't just turn the phone completely off before opening it and when you get it all back together just turn it on and u should be back were u left off.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Chris333 (2010-11-06)

So before I go buying a battery is there anyone who has changed their battery and ended up with longer lasting power?

Thanks

Well it's a lithium battery technically they lose a little power with every charge so if you had the phone charged ever night then when u put the new battery in your going to notice a difference. I have done lots of phone repair and all battery swaps I have got good reviews

I replaced my battery. Thought it would take a while, but it was pretty easy.

It seems to last longer now, but how long should it take to charge up?

Does changing the USB charger dock port help any?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris333 View Post
    I replaced my battery. Thought it would take a while, but it was pretty easy.

It seems to last longer now, but how long should it take to charge up?

Does changing the USB charger dock port help any?

Thanks
    No it won't how long is it taking to charge and are you using an outlet or a computer to charge the phone

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy For This Useful Post:

Chris333 (2010-11-12)

Using USB in the computer right now.

Yesterday was the first 100% change on new battery. Used it all day today and it got down to 32% a little over an hour ago when I pluged it in. It's now at 66%.

Um your probably about right then when plugged in completely dead it takes me about two hours on a computer

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

get battery doctor.. usually takes 2:30hrs to charge.. then 10min charge down or something like that