Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White iPhone 4 conversion, mediocre button, help?

Default White iPhone 4 conversion, mediocre button, help?
    Hello all,

I have successfully completed a white iPhone conversion, accept for the home button. The button sits a little lower than the front assembly of the phone, so when you go to press the bottom you can feel the glass edge of the screen. Any ideas on how i can "boost" up the button a little higher so it sits flush?

TIA
    ROB

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I think there is a spring of some sort that sits under the button. Did you make sure that was there when you replaced it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

for me when i was putting my phone together the button would stick too high up. so i used some adhesive to put it in place. u should have done the same

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I think there is a spring of some sort that sits under the button. Did you make sure that was there when you replaced it?

No, no spring that i can recall.

Quote Originally Posted by trigun989 View Post
    for me when i was putting my phone together the button would stick too high up. so i used some adhesive to put it in place. u should have done the same
    hmph, i have no issue with that. I contacted iresq (they didnt do the conversion or sell it to me) and they told me its due to a bad front display. Blaming the fact that there are no REAL OEM pieces so its all non genuine overseas parts. But i wonder if there is something i can throw in there to get the botton to sit higher and still click like its supposed to.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

I had this happen on a 3GS before and it was due to the glass not being firmly stuck to the frame. I had to take them apart and make sure nothing was sitting underneath then do it again. Might be something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by x98car View Post
    I had this happen on a 3GS before and it was due to the glass not being firmly stuck to the frame. I had to take them apart and make sure nothing was sitting underneath then do it again. Might be something similar.
    the frame of the front assembly or the body of the phone? its seems to be installed fine. I dont see any light bleeding and i had the two pieces sandwiched together while i was putting the screws back on.

Yeah...something went wrong with the alignment of the glass panel & the home button.

Everything's supposed to sit flush. I'd check the orientation of the flex cable to the home button first, make sure its on there correctly then trouble shoot. Even when you over torque your screws, your home button's supposed to sit flush with the glass.

It may be a tiny hair stiffer to click if you tighten the side screws too tight but even then you should have a flush fitting home button.

i Just spent a hour and a half trying to align this correctly. No deal,still same seating. Oh well.