Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: white screen no apple logo

Default white screen no apple logo
    hi there can sum 1 pls giv me advise on how to sort the white screen out i av tryed restoring no joy just got white screen no apple logo at all keep getting error codes i av tryed absoultly everything wi no joy any ideas cheers

Sounds to me the LCD is fried. Did u put your phone in dfu before restoring. Can u slide to unlock and hear the sound?

Same thing happened to me and i've tried restoring on several macs and PCs using iTunes with no success... I'm starting to think something is wrong with the logicboard. Is there any program besides itunes that can be use to restore an iphone 3GS?

Thanks

White screen ? When u reset does it go black or does the apple logo pop up. Try using tiny umbrella to kick it out of recovery. Sometimes my iPhone gets stuck during restore on the white screen.

Default Lcd
    Yeah, that happended to me the other day for no apparent reason. I swapped the LCD in my 3G and now it works fine. I suggest you order a new LCD and try it.
    The gates in my computer are AND, OR and NOT; they are not Bill.

Iphone 3G, Ultrasn0w'ed using T-Mobile UK on a G1 Contract, 800 mins, Unlimited texting and unlimited internet! <--1337

tryed everything changed the lcd etc done hard reset etc still white screen oh and the battary gets very hot

Logic board is fried then

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds to me like you have a bad logic board.

Do you happen to have water damage?