Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs issues

Default iPhone 3gs issues
    Hey guys, I'm just having a few problems with my iPhone 3gs. I need advice. Basically the power button isn't working, its also stuck in headphone mode (can here ringtone tone no problems but music/ speaker doesnt work) and I (stupidly) updated to iOS 4.1 so now I cant jailbreak using jailbreak.me

What I thought of doing is using SBSettings in Cydia to lock and power off the device, but since its on 4.1 thats not happening just yet.

Would I be better of just selling for parts or will I replace the power button with a flex, had a nightmare with my 2g previously.

Any help always appreciated.
    Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

use greenpois0n or limera1n to JB. if you can get the power button to work for the recovery process..
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    use greenpois0n or limera1n to JB. if you can get the power button to work for the recovery process..
    Nah the power button is shot I think, so I cant put in it in recovery or DFU . I guess im wondering if it would be better to sell for parts or just give it a lash to repair. Im worried about ******* it up more.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donmeister View Post
    Nah the power button is shot I think, so I cant put in it in recovery or DFU . I guess im wondering if it would be better to sell for parts or just give it a lash to repair. Im worried about ******* it up more.
    I doubt you'll get a substantial amount for parts as everyones upgrading to iPhone 4. Would suggest attempting to put into DFU using a pin or something? Try taking the metal casing off and pressing the inner button. It's a long shot but if worst comes to worst sell it on eBay as 3GS with broken power button?
    "If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

Quote Originally Posted by Microsoft View Post
    I doubt you'll get a substantial amount for parts as everyones upgrading to iPhone 4. Would suggest attempting to put into DFU using a pin or something? Try taking the metal casing off and pressing the inner button. It's a long shot but if worst comes to worst sell it on eBay as 3GS with broken power button?
    Well, turns out the power button isnt broken after all! Started working again today, delighted! All I need now is to replace the dock connector and my iPhone is fully functional again, delighted!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donmeister View Post
    Well, turns out the power button isnt broken after all! Started working again today, delighted! All I need now is to replace the dock connector and my iPhone is fully functional again, delighted!
    Great, good luck dude
    "If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Microsoft For This Useful Post:

donmeister (2010-10-27)