Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 white dock connector and headphone jack

Default iPhone 4 white dock connector and headphone jack
    Anyone know where to get those? Is eBay the only place? I looked there and there all from china..I don't wanna buy defective parts and end up with a dock connector that has charging problems. Any tips would be appreciated

Last edited by lineskis; 2010-10-26 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

cool thanks a lot. The dock connector is more than double the price than it is on eBay, so i'm hoping it's because of the quality =D

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

nah just some sites are greedy. the complete parts for a white iphone is 500+$

ebay its like 100$ and other sites 200-300 max. u may be getting same quality as the other places. but take what u can get. hope its good quality

Yeah I saw that the white lcd and back is really expensive, but everything else seems to be pretty reasonable..and at least they have a return policy and faster shipping, which is more than what eBay offers...I can't find these parts anywhere else anyways so no other choice

i bought all my white parts on ebay... minus the back plate (iresq). they should all be coming in by friday. i'll be sure to post how the quality is. now if only i can find a tutorial on how to install the white headphone jack haha
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3

Alright that's perfect, let me know how it goes. And I'm pretty sure the headphone jack is also the power, volume, and vibrate switch (not the physical buttons,but the wire behind them is all one piece) so it might be a little tricky to install..at least for me..I'm not good with buttons

well... apparently the post office shipped the home button back to the company i bought it from off ebay so they shipped it out again today so i should be getting it on monday-tuesday. also my dock connector, headphone jack, and front lcd are in but i haven't tried them yet since my phone has a stripped screw on the inside *sighs*. and yep the headphone jack is connected to the volume and vibrate switch not the power
    iPhone 4S 64GB White 5.1 UL | i7 Hackintosh 3.5 Ghz 32GB/ 2x128GB SSD, 2x1TB HD, 2x3TB HD, 2TB HD 10.7.3

I got mine from SW-Box. Both the headphone jack and the dock connector.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty126 View Post
    I got mine from SW-Box. Both the headphone jack and the dock connector.
    well the price is lower but hows the quality? Any problems at all? I'd appreciate it if you can upload some pics..

alright i'm sending mine off to a company to get it swapped because i don't want to bother with the stripped screw and headphone jack. my dock connector works fine but not sure about headphone jack. i'll be sure to update on thursday-friday when i (hopefully) get my phone back.

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    well the price is lower but hows the quality? Any problems at all? I'd appreciate it if you can upload some pics..
    Haven't gotten a chance yet to tear into the phone. But I will say this. Just got the parts this afternoon, and they came packaged very nicely. No bends in the ribbons, packed in static bag, and very fast shipping. I took them out to examine them and they both say "Apple" on each individual part. Build quality seems OEM Apple in my opinion. They may be in fact Apple parts (don't hold me to that, but that's what they feel and look like). I would honestly go ahead and order them from SW-Box. So far, so good for me.

I'm probably one of the few to try from there. I've bought other parts for my 3G and 3GS, as well as parts for my friends stuff, and everything from them has been holding up well and I've had no issues. I went ahead with them as I found nobody else really yet has been swapping the dock and headphone jack. Most people just do the front, back housing, and the home button. I said hell with it and went for it.

But again, so far, so good. All the parts seem perfect so far IMO.

HTH

~Lefty

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lefty126 For This Useful Post:

Waleed786 (2010-11-02)

cool thanks a lot bro, and for the headphone jack, do I need to whole flex cable assembly (about $10) or do I just need the end tip for $2.85? Or maybe I need both? Heres the link: iPhone 4 Earphone Jack - White - US $2.35 : sw-box.com

I've never seen that piece on any other site so idk...

You'll need the whole flex cable assembly. (But I ordered that $2.35 part as well because I wasn't sure. It's only 2 bucks lol)

lol true..so I need both or just the flex cable? What's the point of that $2 piece anyway? Is it just like a top cover? And does the color match with the housing of the iphone 4 cuz in the pics they look a little more grey-ish..not just on sw-box, it looks grey-ish on every website

The small piece won't make a difference unless you take the stainless steel antenna band off. Putting that white one in will make it "truly authentic" if someone were to take off the band to see if it truly is a white iPhone (even though it technically isn't). See what I mean though?

just got my phone back and all my parts work great!

Quote Originally Posted by lild7hina View Post
    just got my phone back and all my parts work great!

Pics!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty126 View Post
    Pics!!!
    mi got no camera but i'll see if i can find one haha