Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with internal speaker

Default Problem with internal speaker
    I opened my iphone recently for some research and i "succesfully managed" to damage it
    i was no longer able to hear any sound from my internal speaker and the proximity sensor wouldn't work
    i searched this problem on the internet and everyone said the the problem is the proximity sensor flex cable bla bla bla...
    i bought a new one and changed it...the proximity sensor now works but not the internal speaker

(the external speaker works, the incall volume is max, it's not the headphone problem)...

can you guys give me some ideas or something?? i would really appreciate any help)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

since it was working and it stopped after opening the phone, I would say it was improperly connected, but you replaced it and the proximity works, so maybe you damaged the actual connector in the motherboard

the connector on the mobo must not be damaged although i accidentally broke the withe piece that holds flex 3 in place...a little piece snapped but i don't think that has anything to do with the connector itself...

there is another topic regarding the compatibility parts from 3gs to 3g and vice-versa, but i'll ask here: is the internal speaker module from 3gs compatible with the 3g mobo?? a friend of mine is giving me his broken 3gs and i would like to put my mobo in his case, keeping the following components from 3gs:battery, dock(speaker,mic), vibrator, jack and so on...
    from my 3g i will keep the digitizer and the lcd...is it ok??

thanks