Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G problem

Default iPhone 3G problem
    So I have an iPhone 3G with a cracked screen and messed up LCD so I took the LCD and screen off of my friends old iPhone 3G and put it on mine. Now, for some reason my 3G won't turn on. Makes no sense cuz I didn't mess with anything past the first three flex cable connections. Anyone? Anything?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Make sure those flex cables are connected securely and correctly. Pay attention to the "1" ribbon cuz that's the one for the LCD. I had to reconnect the ribbons to make my touch function return. If that doesn't help, try putting it on the other phone and see if it works?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Griff1220 (2010-10-25)

Alright cool. And another thing is is it won't even be recognized by the computer

Check your number four ribbon near where the home button would be, had the same problem and when i reopened it the four was loose

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

He didn't even open up past the first 3 ribbons... To get to the 4 ribbon you have to open up the phone some more.

OP, you'll have to get the LCD to work. You can't tell if it's charging or not if the LCD isn't working. I don't think the computer will pick it up that way either. I really doubt it's anything past the first 3 ribbons considering how you didn't touch the rest of the phone.

alright cool ill try it out later and post my findings