Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Entering DFU with a broken sleep/wake button?

Question Entering DFU with a broken sleep/wake button?
    Hi there everyone,

My iPhone 3GS has been a tough puppy, but due to heavy use for a year and a half and a couple tumbles, the sleep/wake and ring/silence buttons no longer function.

I was looking to jailbreak for the purpose of using SBS Settings so I would be able to reset, flush ram, etc. The only problem with this is that the current jailbreaks (Limra1n and Pwnage tool 4.1) both require manual DFU mode, which I can't do.

It's going to cost me about as much to get these replaced as it would to get an iPhone 4, so the other night I delved into the task of taking my 3GS completely apart and tried repairing the problem myself.

Long story short, I didn't fix the problems, but I didn't break anything else either (*phew*).

My question is: is there any way to put my phone into DFU mode without using the sleep/wake buttons? I read an older thread with some information, but it didn't sound like any of it actually worked.

Any info would be much appreciated!

Take care all!

-Jordan

Thanks

Try out RecBoot.

Thanks for the reply @dotFIVE, however it seems that RecBoot is only able to put the phone into recovery mode, not DFU mode…

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jordanborth View Post
    Thanks for the reply @dotFIVE, however it seems that RecBoot is only able to put the phone into recovery mode, not DFU mode…
    Hmm..

Well I'm not sure if this is legit or not, but I found this after some snooping around:
    How To Put The iPhone Into DFU Mode

There's an alternative method if you keep reading on. Never tried it though..