Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: strange sound trouble

Default strange sound trouble
    hi friends, i have s strange problem with iphone 3g 16gb. this phone's speakers work and gives out sound while playing songs,incoming call.and so on but i can not here the voice of speaking person on other side. i have replaced even the logic board with different iphone which works normal.and also i replaced the speaker system completely but it did not solve the problem. i have installed another version of IOS ,it did not solve also. if anyone can help on that issue i will be glad

What you are saying is that you cannot hear through the earpiece/speaker during outgoing calls or you can hear the ringtone but cannot hear through earpice/speaker during calls?
    Try using headphones if it works or not other wise the earpiece Or it's connection may be the problem

i can not here the voice of speaking person via earphone or speakers.but when i have incoming calls phone rings and sound is ok.
    i replaced with a different speaker system but same result occurred.

Is the sound audible through the earpiece? Can your voice be heard by the other person?

As you hear the ringtones and ipod through speaker it is functioning

Try using the headphones/Earphones during call and try to control ipod through mic of headphones. if it works the audio flex cable is OK

See if the proximity sensor works during call as it is related with the earpiece in the lcd assembly.

If you have access to another iphone 3g try using your logic board in that phone and see.

I am no expert but I can try help you to pinpoint the trouble. Recently my iphone 3g had no sounds and used to freeze I tried changing the audio flex cable and dock assembly but later on I found out that the problem is with the audio chip in the logic board which is working now(may be temporarily) after applying pressure over the chip which might have loosened due to frequent fall from my hands.

See ya