Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3GS - 3.0.2 - Battery Issue due to Sim Card

Default Iphone 3GS - 3.0.2 - Battery Issue due to Sim Card
    Hello everyone,

I have been using an Iphone 3GS - Jailbroken and Unlocked. I use it on Vodafone India and having used this for almost 9 months, i havent had any issues with its battery life.

I have now upgraded to the Iphone 4 and gave the 3gs to my wife who is on a different cellular network - Loop Mobile. The very first day from which she started using this, the 3gS battery would drain incredibly fast. If it was at 100% at 9 am, it would be 20% at 4 pm with less than 10 mins of phone calls and less than 2-3 mins of surfing & 3g and wireless being of.

I read through a lot of forums and didnt get any solution so one day, i removed the sim card and used the phone for browing and games music etc. The phone did excellent in terms of the battery life and second day i used my sim card on the phone and it works fine too.

So i am concluding that the sim card was the reason why my 3GS battery was draining.

Am i sounding sane concluding this?

Thanks

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

my brother in law had this same problem.. it happen that he did not have a data plan (maybe your wife is the same) and the phone had "Push" enabled, so it would try to connect all the time to retrieve emails and what not, so the battery would die in a few hours without even using the phone.

try disabling Push on settings and see if that helps