Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: removing i4 LCD from glass??

Default removing i4 LCD from glass??
    how easy is this to do? i bought the white bits and then found out its best to buy the LCD with it...
    is it worth attempting to remove my original LCD or just buy one already together??

thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttynutter123 View Post
    how easy is this to do? i bought the white bits and then found out its best to buy the LCD with it...
    is it worth attempting to remove my original LCD or just buy one already together??

thanks
    It's not worth to attempt anything yourself, because:
    1. It will void your warrant
    2. It is not the easiest thing on earth to change parts in an Iphone, you need to have the knowledge and the EXPERIENCE

So I would suggest that you go to repair center somewhere (not apple's) where they have some experience changing Iphone parts... Good luck !

i think i am going to give it a go... i have nothing to lose really... i need a new LCD so if i break this one there is nothing lost... if i dont then i have saved 50 ish.

taking the phone apart to get to the screen is not a problem..it was just the removal of the lcd from the glass... i think if i heat it up though is should come off

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nuttynutter123 View Post
    i think i am going to give it a go... i have nothing to lose really... i need a new LCD so if i break this one there is nothing lost... if i dont then i have saved 50 ish.

taking the phone apart to get to the screen is not a problem..it was just the removal of the lcd from the glass... i think if i heat it up though is should come off
    I wish you luck then... From what I know the glass can't be removed from 2G, but it can be removed in 3G and 3Gs, I'm not sure though what is the situation in 4G... please let us know how it goes for you

ha ha i will do mate..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

LCD and lense are combined on iPhone 4. On iPhone 4 the lense LCD and plastic frame come as one piece even if u can separate the lense from LCD without distroying it what u goin to stick it back with u will need some strong aridite or other glue good luck

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

on the attempt, there is a VERY VERY high chance of damaging the LCD... if you succeed, then when you glue the new glass to the old LCD you will end up with bubbles and a crappy result. just buy the whole front with LCD and sell the old one and make your $$ back

selling the old LCD attached to a smashed up front isnt going to really gain me much i doubt..
    i have seen it done before succesfully.
    as for gluing it back in... from the videos i have seen people just put them back in.. the mid metal frame is enough to secure the LCD firmly enough.
    i am doing it tonight when i get home from work so we'll see what happens lol.

Hope it goes better than my attempt. Even after heating with a heat gun, it was very difficult to remove. Got all the little pieces off no problem, but then cracked my LCD taking off the final larger piece. Any more heat, and I would have damaged the LCD. Apples attempts to build the better iPhone have resulted in making it very hard to fix them yourself.

Let me know how this goes. I'm very interested. I still have my old iPhone 4 broken digitizer and the new glass replacement sitting here with my black iPhone 4 parts.

Since I did the white upgrade, I don't mind hacking into my old screen, removing the damages shards and attempting the replacement as well.

Perhaps I should post my update on this thread as well....