Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 shattered glass! :(

Default iphone 4 shattered glass! :(
    common as hell i know but can i just replace the glass digitizer or will i have to change the lcd as well, the lcd is fine but the glass is quite fragmented, will damage the lcd trying to remove it!

thanks

jay

Most people will say no bc they Digitizer and LCD are fused together.

I say this... Once the glass is broken off it's up to u to use your imagination if that makes sense.

I haven't done a glass repair yet but I've got a spare Retina LCD with broken shards of glass and a spate digitizer.

In a few days I'll tackle this project and let u guys know if it's possible

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it is possible to replace just the glass, but the chances of breaking the LCD are VERY high. besides, when you glue the new glass the the old LCD you will probably end up with bubbles and what not... best repair is replace the whole front (glass, lcd, digitizer) its way more expensive, but it will be done right

+1 for the above poster, I was gonna say the same thing

yes , i agree, thanks for input

When I get around to it later this week I'll update everyone and let you know how it goes on my end.

Only reason I'm tackling this is because I have the spare parts laying around. If you're not in that situation, I'd leave it alone and grab the full assembly and be done with it

Quote Originally Posted by tiguy99 View Post
    When I get around to it later this week I'll update everyone and let you know how it goes on my end.

Only reason I'm tackling this is because I have the spare parts laying around. If you're not in that situation, I'd leave it alone and grab the full assembly and be done with it
    did you ever get round to doing this tiguy???

you will to replace both there is no way around it