Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vibrate issue

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Vibrate issue
    Wutup- i need some feedback and help on this

Im trying to figure out why my iphone vibrates when i shake it up and down and not left and right. I found this out because when my iphone is in my pocket it vibrates when I walk fast or run.. I checked the settings, and when it is in vibrate mode, it doesnt vibrate when I move or shake, but when in ringer mode, it vibrates, but only when it moves up and down, not left or right. Am i explaining this good? The toggle on the side is in 'ringer on' position, meaning it will play a ringtone when someone calls, and it will vibrate too. With that setting, if i move the phone up and down, it vibrates for no reason and i even see the ringer bell popup. if the toggle on the side is in vibrate mode, it doesnt vibrate upon movement at all. SO im inclined to think this is either a gyro or accelerometer issue- but i dont know. ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO STOP THE MOTION VIBRATE would be great. I like it when i get a call, the ringer is on and it vibrates also, but not because im walking fast or running lol. Any one experience this or know the fix for this? It is a clean vibrate not a rattle- meaning it feels and sounds the same as a regular vibrate.

So, in ringer mode, even with vibrate toggled off in settings, if the phone is shook up and down it vibrates. not left and right, only up and down. smh...

Thanks

maybe shake to switch songs is on?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no i jus checked. shake to shuffle is off. im stumped over this. why would it vibrate wen i shake it up and down and not left and right? i dont want it vibrating on shake during anything period! smh
    iPhone 6, 8.1.1 JB
    iPad Mini, 6.1 JB
    iPad2, 4.3.3 JB

Thanks

maybe there is a short in the phone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

not a short but some sort of gyro or accelerometer issue- it only vibes when ringer is on and shook up and down. smh. in vibrate mode, i shake it, no vibrate. in ringer mode, if i shake up/down, ringer bell popsup and it vibrates. smh
    iPhone 6, 8.1.1 JB
    iPad Mini, 6.1 JB
    iPad2, 4.3.3 JB

Thanks

thats bizzare! well, a return is looking like an option if a restore doesnt fix it

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i restored before limera1n and it was there before and after. ive read about this issue briefly.. someone returned their phone and the replacement also had this issue - anyone w ideas ?
    iPhone 6, 8.1.1 JB
    iPad Mini, 6.1 JB
    iPad2, 4.3.3 JB

Ive had 3 ip4 and never had this prob.. I know 3 there was a problem in them just not the vibrate.. So a swap may be the best thing

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

obviously trying to avoid a swap and go through jb process AGAIN bc i already restored 2ce trying to fix this, and someone did that and the replacement had same issue. do this: put ringer on, shake yur phone up and down. does it vibrate and show the ringer popup?
    iPhone 6, 8.1.1 JB
    iPad Mini, 6.1 JB
    iPad2, 4.3.3 JB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

if it was a short in the ringer switch, why wouldnt it vibrate when i shake it left and right also? it only happens when i shake vertically not horizontally. smh still lol
    iPhone 6, 8.1.1 JB
    iPad Mini, 6.1 JB
    iPad2, 4.3.3 JB

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It seems like the switch inside is lose... that is why when you shake up and down it vibrates, because on the inside, the switch moves up and down and does the same as if you were moving the switch manually from "loud" to "vibrate" mode... when you put it on vibrate with the little switch on the side, the piece inside changes position and it is not lose anymore, that's why it doesn't do it anymore. when you move to the sides it doesn't do it because the switch (internally) only moves up and down, not sideways

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So i caved in and went to apple store. after showing them the issue they quickly pulled out a new phone for me. They ran some diagnostic tool on the old phone and everything seemed to be ok. This was after a restore from jb. 20 min later i left the store with the new iphone. Then went to the laptop and re jb and started the process of getting all loaded back into it, synced up and im done.

Thanks for the advice here and yall were right, swap was the only solution.
    iPhone 6, 8.1.1 JB
    iPad Mini, 6.1 JB
    iPad2, 4.3.3 JB