Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Replacing Lock Button

Thanks

Default Replacing Lock Button
    Yeah, I have an iPod Touch and this is in the iPhone forums, but I figured it was dealing with similar hardware so I'd just post it here.

I have an iPod Touch 2G and the top lock button isn't working. Yeah there are some app solutions for this, but it's still annoying not to have a working lock button.

Okay, I have no experience whatsoever repairing hardware such as this, so do you think this would be a fix possible for me to do? And where would you get the parts, how much would it cost... etc.

I don't want to give Apple $100 to repair this thing (might as well just buy a new iPod Touch..) so I was hoping I could do this with the help of a usually-good-at-fixing-stuff friend.

Check out iFixit: The free repair manual. They sell parts as well as have tutorials on common hardware fixes. Also, they show full tear downs of alot of apple products, At the very least you can get a sense of whether or not this is something you can do yourself and price it out at the same time.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

if you have no experience whatsoever, then I do NOT recommend you to do this, as you will most likely break something on the taking apart and it will cost you double to fix