Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Modding older iphones to iphone 4G model

Default Modding older iphones to iphone 4G model
    ive been thinkign about this and i was wondering if i had an old iphone 3g..or just any other model of the iphone other than the 4g or even possible an itouch if i could disassemble for instance my iphone 3g and put everything in a iphone 4g shell so it would obviously look like an iphone 4g but wouldnt have face time..ect...i was just wondering if it was possible?

if it was i probably will attempt it

tahnks if you could shed some light tho

Doubt you could do it. The logic boards are 2 completely different designs and sizes...the frame on inside has different screw points as well/ I would research there first

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

inner parts from older phone will not fit inside the iphone 4 shell, period

alright so its a def no?

You could probably do it but it would cost you a load and be a complete waste of time and money. Stop being a wannabe and go buy an iPhone 4!
    The gates in my computer are AND, OR and NOT; they are not Bill.

Iphone 3G, Ultrasn0w'ed using T-Mobile UK on a G1 Contract, 800 mins, Unlimited texting and unlimited internet! <--1337

Well it would be way to much work and most parts won't even act like it could fit. Screens are different sizes and the iPhone 4 is the thinnest phone so good like trying to cram bigger and bulkier pieces into a smaller shell. So I am going to go with a no and it would be a waste to try