Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g power button stuck (help would be greatly appreciated)

Default 2g power button stuck (help would be greatly appreciated)
    I dropped it and it bent the frame into the button....so now the button is stuck.

Any suggestions on how to unjam it? Im kind of depressed I messed it up over something so simple.

Thanks
    I don't know exactly what you mean with "bent the frame into the button", but if your back cover is bent you'd probably need to replace it entirely. I would recommend instead to just have an app take on the function of the power/sleep key.
    Jailbreak your phone and get SBSettings, with which you can reboot and power off your phone easily (see intro). In addition there's another app called Activator with which you can set gestures to trigger certain actions. For instance I lock my phone by sliding my finger upwards from the bottom of the screen.
    It's always safer to get apps than to open up your phone just to fix the button; too much can go wrong (believe me, I know...).
    Last edited by rasputin2012; 2010-10-11 at 10:55 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rasputin2012 For This Useful Post:

RenoIphone (2010-10-12)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it is an easy fix if you are good taking things apart, and specially if you have opened an iphone before. once you take out the back cover, the power button is held to the aluminum by two super tiny screws. remove them and take the button out, then with patience and right tools, bend the aluminum back to normal shape, or as close as you can so the button can move up and down.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dq13 For This Useful Post:

RenoIphone (2010-10-12)

Alright, Im going to try to do the take apart first. If that doesnt work Ill use the different button app.

Thanks a lot guys.