Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!

Default Help!
    I broke my screen on my i4, I'm not sure what I need to buy to replace it tho, the screen shattered but everything still works fine as far as the whole touch part goes. Do I need the LCD and digitizer or just the LCD?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You'll just need a replacement glass. If the touch functions are fine, the digitizer is fine so all you'll need is the glass screen. I just bought one to repair my old 3G for about $11 on Amazon.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

iPhone 4 the touch are combined with glue abit like the old 2g phone u can buy separate but but u will privy destroy your LCD trying to separate to make life easy buy complete LCD and touch the around 80-90

Default You Need the Whole Front Housing!
    Unless you want to risk damaging your i4 further, buy the whole front housing screen and LCD. As you probably know the i4's screen and LCD are fused together at the factory. It is not inexpensive to buy the whole front housing, but trying to just replace the screen is a waste of time imop. I fix these for a living, amongst others, and this is one instance where getting the whole front assembly is a must.

Or you can try just replacing the front glass,screen, digitizer; whatever you want to call it. I would not recommend it! You will be reciting every "construction word" in the book, especially when your LCD breaks.

Best of Luck!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

this is what you need...

Replacement Assembly Digitizer LCD Screen iPhone 4 - eBay (item 250705328037 end time Nov-01-10 05:16:32 PDT)

if you try to replace just the glass, you are gonna end up spending more after you break everything LOL