Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3g signal problems

Default Iphone 3g signal problems
    Hello, I'm having problems with no service on my iPhone 3g 8gb.

I took it apart to change the back housing, after i got the motherboard off i decided not to change it so i put it back together and now i have no service.

I've made sure everything was connected, restored it to a fresh 4.1, turned airplane mode off\on, reset network settings, basically everything.

I only get 1 bar of signal SOMETIMES when I'm standing like directly in a 5bar "hotzone" then it goes away soon after that.

Does anyone have any advice for me? I'm not sure what else i could do but i thought I'd ask, I don't want to have to buy a new phone.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone CaptBojank's Avatar
    Thanks

Well first things first. Take it apart again and double-check the antenna connection.
    --= Fortes fortuna adiuvat =--

Yeah, looks like the connectors are not on properly or something is grounding it.

Couldn't get it working, i tried everything so i just sold it for parts and bought a blackberry storm2. Thanks though guys.

it's called the 4.1 OS screws up the iphone's signal. i upgraded, it screwed up my signal and wifi signal. downgraded and im good to go now

Quote Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    it's called the 4.1 OS screws up the iphone's signal. i upgraded, it screwed up my signal and wifi signal. downgraded and im good to go now
    hi,
    I just removed the screw under the lable which says do not remove on the motherboard and tucked antenna between the Outer case and the metal bezel. get 5 bars even inside the house. I have done this on two iphone 3G phones.

If your phone cann't find your network then make sure that the cable no 6 is properly connected. If it is not connected you will n't have network.
    Last edited by Rlamba; 2010-11-22 at 11:37 AM.