Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Silver iPhone 3GS

Default Silver iPhone 3GS
    Took about 2 hours. Got the replacement back from ecaseshop.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_0103.jpg   -img_0104.jpg   -img_0105.jpg  

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd like to know how well it tolerates fingerprints. Vacuumplating is usually pretty sensitive to that.

as far as fingerprints, yeah they're definitely more noticeable than the white one, but I'd say equally as noticeable as the black back.

hope this helps

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

What I mean is, over time, will the oils left from skin contact etch the vacuumplating? Keep us posted on that, if you would.

no problem. we'll see

I did this with a red backing.. Although it looked amazing.. It completely ruined my cell phone signal to the point I removed the 2nd half of the paint (where the antenna is).

Quote Originally Posted by goboom View Post
    I did this with a red backing.. Although it looked amazing.. It completely ruined my cell phone signal to the point I removed the 2nd half of the paint (where the antenna is).
    was it the metallic red?

I changed out my wife's back with a gold one and had the exact same problem. She would drop calls like crazy, the phone became almost unusable.

I thought I might have screwed up the antenna but i switched it out with a non metallic colored back and it worked just fine.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You have to see what theyre made of. From ecaseshop ill see description saying "aluminum case" (its a back housing, not really a case tho) which is probably why the reception is shot. I am going to get one for my 3G but Im still trying to find a good deal without it being aluminum. And yeah the ones I saw were for red and light blue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone NinetyFour's Avatar
    Thanks

Those are some really poor photos. Care to get some better ones? Also, isn't that backing more susceptible to scratches?
    Owner of the Unofficial ModMyi Palringo Chat Group. Join today!

We've got information in the information age but do we know what life is outside of our convenient Lexus cages?

Yeah I'll try and post better one. Also, the back isn't any more susceptible than the black one

Edit: looks like I screwed up the phone speaker on the top. Could this be a disconnected cable somewhere, or what?

Did the same thing but with red and it looked good but cuts down the gps totally and the signal too much that it wasn't worth it

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay316 View Post
    Once you purchase a product surely its up to you if you put it in a blender or drive over it in a car, what right do Apple have to stop us abusing our stuff? thats like saying you can't slap your girlfriend, she's your girlfriend, you own her, you can do what you want to her lol

Nice job, looks like an iPod though.